• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

File Sizes Too Large; Render

wendyahc

Question

Hello, I'm new to movie editing/making with EMC8 and have a question, hopefully with a simple solution. I'm editing a 60 min video in VideoWave8 by dragging a series of video clips to the storyline panels, adding a few color panels with titles and a transition theme. Why is it when I send it to MyDVD is the file size like triple the size and too large to fit on a 4.7GB DVD? Am I missing a step? Am I supposed to render it first? What is rendering anyway? When I did try that it said my production length was 7 hrs! I only have a 60 min video.

Additionally can someone just give me the simple steps from editing a video in VideoWave using the Production Editor to burning the DVD? There have to be steps to follow. It seemed simple enough but once I get into it I can't seem to manage the file size.

Thanks,

Wendy

1 answer to this question

Hello, I'm new to movie editing/making with EMC8 and have a question, hopefully with a simple solution. I'm editing a 60 min video in VideoWave8 by dragging a series of video clips to the storyline panels, adding a few color panels with titles and a transition theme. Why is it when I send it to MyDVD is the file size like triple the size and too large to fit on a 4.7GB DVD? Am I missing a step? Am I supposed to render it first? What is rendering anyway? When I did try that it said my production length was 7 hrs! I only have a 60 min video.

Additionally can someone just give me the simple steps from editing a video in VideoWave using the Production Editor to burning the DVD? There have to be steps to follow. It seemed simple enough but once I get into it I can't seem to manage the file size.

Thanks,

Wendy

Depending on the file types used, MyDVD has to make them dvd compliant. So the file size will be adjusted.

As for editing steps, I strongly recommend the tutorials as they are very helpful.

Archived