• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

msmofet60

cd will only play on computer

Question

after burning an audio cd it will only play on a computer. when i burned an audio cd in creator 8 it would play on all cd players. is there a setting that needs to be changed so it can be played on all cd players?

7 answers to this question

What program in the suite did you use?

stargate fan? lol :D

Care to share what you did to get it to work?

just tried different feature. emc 10 is a little different from emc 8 and i haven't used emc 8 since i got my vista puter so i needed to get used to it again. i hate having to get new EVERYTHING for VISTA!!! every dang program i payed for in the past doesn't work!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR LOL

Edited by msmofet60

Made an mp3 disc, huh?

yes but first time it would not play in cd player. i'm not sure which program i used the first time, maybe classic not sure, i figured it would work the same as i was used to (LOL NOT). second time i just used audio disc (they were mp3 files). why? whats the trick to a mp3?

yes but first time it would not play in cd player. i'm not sure which program i used the first time, maybe classic not sure, i figured it would work the same as i was used to (LOL NOT). second time i just used audio disc (they were mp3 files). why? whats the trick to a mp3?

mp3 files are compressed audio and will not play in a standard CD player. You need to play them on your computer or an mp3 player. If you select audio disc, the program will convert the mp3 files to wav files and burn them on the disc so they can be played on a standard CD player.

As I said, mp3 files are compressed so some of the audio quality is lost. Some people will hear the difference others will not. Converting them back to wav will not improve the quality. If you are capturing audio files, or ripping them from a CD, do so with wav files. They are about 10 times larger than mp3 files but disc storage is cheap (external hard drive if you don't have space on your internal drives). If you are downloading them from an on-line store, then you have no choice.