Napster Uninstall

robmel1

Question

When I initially installed EMC 7.5 I installed everything that came with it including 'Napster.' Recently I attempted to uninstall Napster using ADD/Remove in the control panel but that didn't work. I then contacted the Napster people by e-mail and they provided a utility program to remove it.

Now when I try to set up a screen saver I get a message indicating Windows is trying to configure Roxio EMC 7 along with some other verbage about a file called ISScript.msi as follows:

THE INSTALLSCRIPT ENGINE ON THIS MACHINE IS OLDER THAN THE VERSION REQUIRED TO RUN

THIS SETUP. IF AVAILABLE, PLEASE INSTALL THE LATEST VERSION OF ISSCRIPT.MSI, OR CONTACT

YOUR SUPPORT PERSONNEL FOR FURTHER ASSISTANCE.

All I wanted to do was uninstall Napster. Now I'm thinking it might be better to just reinstall it but I'm not sure that would be such a great idea either. I put the EMC 7.5 disk in my drive and, from what I can tell, the only way to just install Napster is to mark everything else for a non-install.

Napster has offered to help by phone but, beings its the weekend, I thought I'd see if anyone had any ideas before I give them a call.

Thanks,

Robert

4 answers to this question

To reinstall Napster should I do as I said - mark everything else to not install and just leave Napster?

Thanks,

Robert

No! You can do it two ways, but do it this way. In the Install/Uninstall, just mark Napster as "This Feature Will Be Installed on Local Hard Drive" and click Next. It will prompt you to put the Program Disc in your drive. It will then install it.

Then, if you have problems, go to Napster's website, and download and install the latest version.

I decided to try the Install/Uninstall option for 7.5 and marked Napster for 'This feature will not be available option' and that seemed to correct the problem. I say 'seemed' because now I have an entirely (probably unrelated) new problem when quitting a computer game. I'll have to do a lot more investigating.

Thanks for your help.

Robert

When I initially installed EMC 7.5 I installed everything that came with it including 'Napster.' Recently I attempted to uninstall Napster using ADD/Remove in the control panel but that didn't work. I then contacted the Napster people by e-mail and they provided a utility program to remove it.

Now when I try to set up a screen saver I get a message indicating Windows is trying to configure Roxio EMC 7 along with some other verbage about a file called ISScript.msi as follows:

THE INSTALLSCRIPT ENGINE ON THIS MACHINE IS OLDER THAN THE VERSION REQUIRED TO RUN

THIS SETUP. IF AVAILABLE, PLEASE INSTALL THE LATEST VERSION OF ISSCRIPT.MSI, OR CONTACT

YOUR SUPPORT PERSONNEL FOR FURTHER ASSISTANCE.

All I wanted to do was uninstall Napster. Now I'm thinking it might be better to just reinstall it but I'm not sure that would be such a great idea either. I put the EMC 7.5 disk in my drive and, from what I can tell, the only way to just install Napster is to mark everything else for a non-install.

Napster has offered to help by phone but, beings its the weekend, I thought I'd see if anyone had any ideas before I give them a call.

Thanks,

Robert

Napster takes up very little space on your hard drive. Leave it on there when you install the software again.

I don't use Napster, but I don't have a problem with it being on my computer, if all else is working fine.

Archived