• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Pixelated skips in recording using Toast 7

JESRotunno

Question

I am using Toast 7.1.3 to burn DVDs of Movies/Shows I have recorded using Eye TV (after taking out commercials). When I go through the edited version of Eye TV recording (minus commercials), the recording looks fine (no pixelated skips); however, whether I use the "Toast" button at the top of the Eye TV window or Export to MPEG and then add to Toast, 7.1.3, the problem occurs (pixelated picture and slight skip for a frame or two). Does anyone have any ideas?

1 answer to this question

Several users are commenting on problems with certain video exported from the current version of EyeTV. You might check EyeTV's forums, too.

I haven't had this issue. My EyeTV recordings are from an EyeTV 250 recorded in the 2-hour mode in NTSC format. However, I've had some issues which were resolved by choosing to export the video in EyeTV to an MPEG file (I choose the separate streams) and then using that in Toast rather than have Toast reading directly from the EyeTV recording.

My thinking is this is an issue that will get resolved by an EyeTV software update. I notice that a beta version of an update can be found via the EyeTV forum.

Archived