• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
chs1926

Will not recognize my cd-r ....

Question

I have a new multi format burner that I have used for over a month. I have used the Roxio 9 for about that long with no problems. In the last few days, I have tried to burn a few audio cd's. When I insert my discs in, it does not recognize them and keeps telling me to insert blank media. I have tried two different brands with no luck. Obviously something has happened somewhere, I not sure what, but it is driving me crazy. I uninstalled and re installed this twice. No luck. I even unistalled my drive and rebooted my pc and still nothing...

1 answer to this question

I have a new multi format burner that I have used for over a month. I have used the Roxio 9 for about that long with no problems. In the last few days, I have tried to burn a few audio cd's. When I insert my discs in, it does not recognize them and keeps telling me to insert blank media. I have tried two different brands with no luck. Obviously something has happened somewhere, I not sure what, but it is driving me crazy. I uninstalled and re installed this twice. No luck. I even unistalled my drive and rebooted my pc and still nothing...

Go to the Roxio Home page and select DVD Info Pro under the utilities (right side). What does that program tell you about the drive and the disc? I might guess that perhaps the connections to the drive may be loose or that new drive may have gone bad already.