Sound Synchronisation

l_malette

Question

Hi,

Recently, while buring a video created with DVD Builder, the DVD combining video and photo, we realised that the sound in the video part and the video associated are getting desynchronized. The desynch increases with the duration of the video. In a recent case, burned 2 days ago, the desynch increased up to 1, 1,5 sec. It is quite annoying to hear the sound first and then see the lips moving.

I tried to reduced the video priority (load on the CPU) as suggested by ROXYANNE.

In theory, during the capture (done with EMC), the sound and video are synchronized, as verified by viewing the raw video with VideoWave.

Our system is a P4, 1,5Ghz, 256MB running Windows XP. It worked before and I do not understand why it does show that problem now. Any advice or comments will be appreciated.

4 answers to this question

Hi,

Sorry for the long time to come back to this news.

The problem has been solved by changing the PC. In reality, the problem is linked to the CPU clock speed. I procured an Intel Dual core 3Ghz with 1G memory and the problem disappeared.

Roxio is a good software but creates a heavy load on the PC. Even with my dual core, it is still slow to load and to swap tasks.

I move to version 9 tonight and look forward in the enhancement. Like most people, I got trash by the installation of IE7 yesterday that collapse 2 years of family video work.

Have a great day.

Louis

Montreal, QC, Canada

I'd suggest you edit your post to remove the email address - assuming it isn't already too late - these boards are searched by google and other search engines, which, in turn are searched by spammers seeking to "harvest" email addresses. Posting your email is likely to increase the amount of spam you get.

Lynn

I'd suggest you edit your post to remove the email address - assuming it isn't already too late - these boards are searched by google and other search engines, which, in turn are searched by spammers seeking to "harvest" email addresses. Posting your email is likely to increase the amount of spam you get.

Lynn

Hello Lynn,

Thanks for the advice. I edited my previous post.

Have a great day,

Louis

Hi,

Recently, while buring a video created with DVD Builder, the DVD combining video and photo, we realised that the sound in the video part and the video associated are getting desynchronized. The desynch increases with the duration of the video. In a recent case, burned 2 days ago, the desynch increased up to 1, 1,5 sec. It is quite annoying to hear the sound first and then see the lips moving.

I tried to reduced the video priority (load on the CPU) as suggested by ROXYANNE.

In theory, during the capture (done with EMC), the sound and video are synchronized, as verified by viewing the raw video with VideoWave.

Our system is a P4, 1,5Ghz, 256MB running Windows XP. It worked before and I do not understand why it does show that problem now. Any advice or comments will be appreciated.

Hi.

Annoying isn't it? Follow my post (updated today). Walt is helping me, we seem to have exactly the same problem.

Regards

Lisa

Archived