• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Where To Store Mp3s

michaelclementesq

Question

Hello all, I'm new to the board and hope that you can advise. I am running roxio emc8 on a laptop with 60gb hard disc and I have a dvdrw. My query is probably quite simple and is this. Now that I have ripped my CD's, created a DVD music disc and MP3 CD's for the car I want to store the ripped MP3 files other than on the hard disc. How is this best accomplished given that I may want to reburn other mixes to CD or DVD. My initial thought was to use backup for the folder containing the files, would this allow me to re-enter them into organiser. Thanks for any suggestions that may come forward. Mike

6 answers to this question

Hello all, I'm new to the board and hope that you can advise. I am running roxio emc8 on a laptop with 60gb hard disc and I have a dvdrw. My query is probably quite simple and is this. Now that I have ripped my CD's, created a DVD music disc and MP3 CD's for the car I want to store the ripped MP3 files other than on the hard disc. How is this best accomplished given that I may want to reburn other mixes to CD or DVD. My initial thought was to use backup for the folder containing the files, would this allow me to re-enter them into organiser. Thanks for any suggestions that may come forward. Mike

Burn them all to another DVD as data, or better yet, get an external hard drive to store them.

Thanks to you both . Very qick and efficient. :) I had thought that this might be the way to go. I can only wish for an external hard drive at the moment. I record my own music, hence the reason to take them off the laptop. Apparently an externall disc is faster than that in a laptop because it has a bigger diameter. Sorry to keep on but am I right in thinking that if the disc is read only I have to copy to a folder then import to organiser?

Just to bring you up to date, your suggestions worked fine. Thanks again. Mike

You want Bulletproof Backup?

Creator Classic - Data CD/DVD set to Read Only. Two copies stored separately.

If that seems 'wasteful' add up the cost of the songs and your time to copy them…

Thanks to you both . Very qick and efficient. :) I had thought that this might be the way to go. I can only wish for an external hard drive at the moment. I record my own music, hence the reason to take them off the laptop. Apparently an externall disc is faster than that in a laptop because it has a bigger diameter. Sorry to keep on but am I right in thinking that if the disc is read only I have to copy to a folder then import to organiser?

Archived