• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Activate MPEG-2 - No permission bad installation

Bobasaurus

Question

I tried the "Clean install" twice with no luck. I was about to give up when just for fun I loaded the 9.1 update over the top. It worked. I can now make DVD's again. I have no explanation of how, but it's good to have a useful DVD program again.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Bobby

Vista Business/EMC 9

11 answers to this question

Just wanted to let you know I tried the cleaning(step by step) and then reinstalled and IT worked. Thanks a bunch!!! :rolleyes::lol:

I'm glad it helped. Please be careful using registry cleaners as some can effect Roxio and you'll end up doing this all over again.

I just got a new Dell desktop running XP - and I am new to ROXIO. I am getting the same error - Activate MPEG-2 -No permission bad installation. I am not sure exactly what you are referring to - 9.1 update - is it something I can try with my XP system ?

Any info would be appreciated - I looked at the method for doing a clean install and frankly it is a bit intimidating.

I just got a new Dell desktop running XP - and I am new to ROXIO. I am getting the same error - Activate MPEG-2 -No permission bad installation. I am not sure exactly what you are referring to - 9.1 update - is it something I can try with my XP system ?

Any info would be appreciated - I looked at the method for doing a clean install and frankly it is a bit intimidating.

The update to 9.1 does nothing in XP and is only helpful to Vista.

You need to do a Clean Install to fix the error you have.

The update to 9.1 does nothing in XP and is only helpful to Vista.

You need to do a Clean Install to fix the error you have.

Thanks for the quick response - I kind of figured it was a Vista thing but wnated to ask. I just printed the instructions for teh "Clean Install" and will try that when I can fully concentrate on it.

Happy Holidays !

I had similar issues with mine...in videowave...had been using it for over a year, and all of a sudden it asks me to activate mpeg-2 codec, and it wouldn't activate. It said I had an invalid product key. Tried a clean install, and no fix. I turned off my AVG 7.5 antivirus software, and tried again...and it activated just fine. Now no problems...

Thanks for the quick response - I kind of figured it was a Vista thing but wnated to ask. I just printed the instructions for teh "Clean Install" and will try that when I can fully concentrate on it.

Happy Holidays !

Also, did you buy the retail version? If you are talking about the lite version that came on your computer, then you'll have to reinstall from the Dell back up disc. Try a repair first if you have not - Control panel>Add or remove programs> go to the Roxio program and click repair. Have your Dell disc ready or make sure you know where the installer program is on your hard drive.

Thanks to all for your help. I finally resolved the problem with help from Dell. The "clean install" did not work but then we found a problem with the anti virus software - once that was addressed it solved the other issue.

Again my thanks !

I'm glad you posted with your fix but I'm curious as to what virus program caused the problem. Would you mind letting me know?

Archived