• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Editing .mov files in version 10

james_h

Question

The trim function works fine with .wmv files, and at the beginning of .mov clips, but when I try to trim the ending in the latter the incremental scroll function doesn't work and the program locks. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've tried with both hardware and software rendering.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

Dell Dimension 8300

Pentium 4

3 GHz, 1G RAM

Dual ATI 9800, latest drivers

Latest version of QuickTime

80G free on the hard drive

6 answers to this question

VideoWave is the same as MyDVD or whatever. Specifically, when I open the trim utility on a .mov clip the slider above the "set start" button works, but the slider above the "set end" one doesn't.

Follow what sknis said, but you are wrong about VideoWave and MyDVD being the same. They are not.

Follow what sknis said, but you are wrong about VideoWave and MyDVD being the same. They are not.

I didn't express myself clearly on that one. Thanks for the suggestion, and doing that does work, but I wish I understood why it's hard to trim .mov files.

The trim function works fine with .wmv files, and at the beginning of .mov clips, but when I try to trim the ending in the latter the incremental scroll function doesn't work and the program locks. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've tried with both hardware and software rendering.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

Dell Dimension 8300

Pentium 4

3 GHz, 1G RAM

Dual ATI 9800, latest drivers

Latest version of QuickTime

80G free on the hard drive

What application are you using to do the trimming? Use VideoWave to see if that will do what you want. If the mov file is long, then it may take some time to get to the end.

What application are you using to do the trimming? Use VideoWave to see if that will do what you want. If the mov file is long, then it may take some time to get to the end.

VideoWave is the same as MyDVD or whatever. Specifically, when I open the trim utility on a .mov clip the slider above the "set start" button works, but the slider above the "set end" one doesn't.

Try using the cut and delete function rather than the trim function. Watch the appropriate video. It is for cutting out a section but it would be the same for cutting off the end. Just make sure that you select the part of the video that you want to delete. You can tell by the box around that section. You can also do an "undo" if you make a mistake.

Archived