• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

autostart

Powell

Question

Hi folks:

Is there any way to stop Roxio from running as a startup program? I'm running Vista and went to the startup program list in Windows Defender but the disable button is greyed out. I prefer to select the programs I want running and a burning system is not one of them.

Regards

Powell

9 answers to this question

Hi folks:

Is there any way to stop Roxio from running as a startup program? I'm running Vista and went to the startup program list in Windows Defender but the disable button is greyed out. I prefer to select the programs I want running and a burning system is not one of them.

Regards

Powell

Go to the Vista equivalent of msconfig, and disable them there.

Try these using VISTA:

Start button -> run and enter msconfig

or

Start button ->Programs->Administrative Tools-> Services

You can simply click the Start button (or the Windows button on the keyboard) and in the search box just above the Start, just type msconfig or any other Windows command. I don't think Vista even has 'Run' listed as a choice any longer.

VISTA Home Premium has RUN listed under the Start button.

Hmmm, wonder why Ultimate does not? I did a search on MS and found that in Ultimate, the Run Command box is not checked by default but it also mentioned that systems with pre-installed Vista may have this turned on. I just thought it was not showing because it's simpler to click start and type the command in.

Sorry for the confusion.

Perhaps it's not the the default. <_< I may have changed my system. I use "classic menues" then I might have "customize" what I wanted displayed. Under customize there is a run selection. I hope I didn't confused anyone.

Yes, if I change to the classic menu, Run is included. I think we've solved the mystery and learned lots of ways to do the same thing. It's a shame there's not as many easy ways to make money! :P

Archived