• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Trying to burn a dvd of a tv show on laptop

steve 27

Question

5 answers to this question

When trying to burn a dvd of a tv show that resides on my laptop using easy media creator 10,I get the same result.Only burns the 1st 15 seconds of video and the audio is the sound of a film projector.This clip repeats itself for the entire hour.

Sounds like you're hearing the default theme sound. Can you post some info on exactly what steps you've taken?

I click on MY DVD on menu tasks.

I click on ADD NEW MOVIE.

my tivo recordings come up and I select the show I want to burn.

I click on add.The show comes up on preview screen.

The bottom left of screen shows how much disk space is left and curiously the time reads 00:06:16, (which can't be correct since I haven't started to burn yet.)

next I click on burn

You're probably hitting the copy protection - Tivo started doing this some timne ago.

Check this article for more info

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20041028-4358.html

and here

http://www.pvrblog.com/pvr/2005/09/tivo_72_os_adds.html

The OPRAH show is what I am trying to xfer and it does start to copy>If this is a copy protection issue what should I be seeing on the screen when I try to playback the DVD burn.It does record the opening of the show and repeats it over and over.Also it worked fine when I used a trial vers. of Sonic My DVD 6.2 about 6 months ago, which ran out.

The OPRAH show is what I am trying to xfer and it does start to copy>If this is a copy protection issue what should I be seeing on the screen when I try to playback the DVD burn.It does record the opening of the show and repeats it over and over.Also it worked fine when I used a trial vers. of Sonic My DVD 6.2 about 6 months ago, which ran out.

Are you sure you are not just watching the menu repeat? Do the preview and then click on the thumbnail to see if the video will be there when you go to burn.

Archived