• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Quick Sound Editor

lexabob

Question

Just clean installed 10 and nothing but problems as listed in installations. Tried to do a Quick edit from the right hand click on an audio file and no "Edit" capability. The filerxqsoundedit10.exe is in the Sound edit folder but it won't open. Sound editor.exe opens fine. 9 worked perfectly. Any hints. I use this tool constantly.

Thanks

2 answers to this question

That's correct, you cannot edit the audio by right clicking; you can only play or open or edit the tag information. Where you ever able to edit the audio file this way? :unsure: I think that is more of a Windows issue than a Roxio issue.

[/quote

Thank you very much for your reply. In version 9 all I had to do to use quick sound editor was right click on any audio file. In the menu that appeared was the term edit. When I clicked on edit I could chose Quick sound editor and it worked perfectly. In the Roxio help section"editing audio files with Quick Sound Editor"

the following explaination appears:

To edit audio files with the Quick Sound Editor:

.Right click the audio file you want to edit, and choose edit with with Quick Sound Editor.

The Quick Sound Editor window opens. For more information, click help.(Help describes how to use the editor) You can do it with the Quick Sound Editor via Music Disk but it was a lot less cumbersome the way it could be accessed in 9. Do you think it was a Windows condition?

12/ 26/ 2007 comments: deinstalled 10 (clean) and reinstalled 9. When you right click on any audio file the "open with" tab appears via Windows (not an edit tab as previously indicated). Roxio 9 places the Quick Sound editor in this function. For me the quick sound editor works like a dream and after the edit you have a save function and it is sent back to it's folder of origin. On my 10 it did not function this way. I could get to the exe. file through the program but it would not open. The only way I could get it to open was by using Music Disk. I trust this lends clarity to the post.

Just clean installed 10 and nothing but problems as listed in installations. Tried to do a Quick edit from the right hand click on an audio file and no "Edit" capability. The filerxqsoundedit10.exe is in the Sound edit folder but it won't open. Sound editor.exe opens fine. 9 worked perfectly. Any hints. I use this tool constantly.

Thanks

That's correct, you cannot edit the audio by right clicking; you can only play or open or edit the tag information. Where you ever able to edit the audio file this way? :unsure: I think that is more of a Windows issue than a Roxio issue.

Archived