• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Still crashing in Leopard, unusuable!

VictorDob

Question

Hi everyone,

I just bought an iMac with Leopard installed, then installed Toast 7 fresh and it crashed, and I mean a hard crash, the main screen appears and a few seconds later it crashes, I couldn't even try burning anything. I visited these forums and decided to wait until a new version that would be compatible with Leopard came out.

Out comes 7.1.3 and I thought all was OK, downloaded it, erased all prefs from my user folder and tried again, it worked ok apparently, but after moving here and there between tabs it crashed again. I've tried fixing permissions twice, deleted prefs about a hundred times, and still it crashes a few seconds after opening it. Does anyone have any ideas or is any other Leopard user out there having this issue?

So far, Toast 7 to me has been completely unusable in Leopard, if this is not just my isolated case, Roxio needs to do something.

Thanks to all!

Victor

1 answer to this question

There is something amiss on your Mac that's causing this. Typically the reason for Toast crashes is either a conflict with a codec in a Quicktime Library folder, a Firewire device that's connected which Toast can't recognize, or a fonts issue (which I think was fixed in one of the Toast updates). I don't know what is causing your difficulty but Toast 7 and 8 are opening fine for me with 10.5.1 on my MacBook Pro.

Archived