• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Restart / Turn Off Freeze after Roxio Session

Jolleymon

Question

After having this program installed for over a year I finally dusted it off and undertook to import 10 years worth of home movies. I should say that I was fairly well adept with my previous version of Roxio, (I believe it was version 6) but had not used this version at all. After a bit of refreshing, I managed to get all of my DV Tapes imported, and began to tinker around with VideoWave and My DVD. From glancing at the posts here I see that my experience with both those programs freezing up is the norm. However I havent been able to find any reports of what happened next. Since I began playing with this program I can no longer restart or turn off my computer. Windows shuts down as normal but the system power never shuts down. I must force a hard reboot or shut down by button pushing. I noticed this the next morning after my first session on EMC 8 that while I knew I had turned off the system the night before, all the lights and power were still on. The monitor shuts down but the system just keeps running, hard drive light blinking at 1 second interval. I know this could be alot of things besides ECM 8, but I have had the system together for 2 years and have not had this issue until now so I feel pretty confident that it has something to do with ECM 8. Hopefully this is a known issue and my Search-Fu is weak. I'll give a run down of the details:

I do not have IE7

I do not have WMP 11

My version has been updated to 8.05

I have tried to restart around 20 times, does it everytime now.

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe board

AMD Dual Core X2 4400+

2 - EVGA 6800 Vid Cards (SLI) Drivers up to date

2 - 75GB WD 10K SATA Raptors (RAID 0)

250GB WD SATA (My Documents, etc drive)

2 GB RAM

Plextor PX-TV402U Video Convertor

Thanks in advance for any help you guys may have.

5 answers to this question

I dont think its effecting power per se, so much as something is keeping the system from cycling down completely.

I forgot to mention my version of XP sorry about that, it is SP2. Also I completely disconnected the converter early on, that had no effect on the problem. I was pretty sure I disabled the WOL, (my board has issues with that anyway) but I double checked it just to be sure and it is disabled.

The thing that has me fairly sure it is ECM8 is that this system has been rock solid for the almost 2 years since I built it, and I have not changed nor added anything in the last 4 days at all. The only thing I have done on it besides use ECM8 in the last 4 days is web browse, but now I have this issue.

Since I posted I tried to open MyDVD and got a new error, something about a "certificate was corrupt or missing and to please re-install" I was hoping someone would link me a clean re-install guide, and you did. I will try that and post back. Thanks for the replies guys! (especially on the holidays) :)

After having this program installed for over a year I finally dusted it off and undertook to import 10 years worth of home movies. I should say that I was fairly well adept with my previous version of Roxio, (I believe it was version 6) but had not used this version at all. After a bit of refreshing, I managed to get all of my DV Tapes imported, and began to tinker around with VideoWave and My DVD. From glancing at the posts here I see that my experience with both those programs freezing up is the norm. However I havent been able to find any reports of what happened next. Since I began playing with this program I can no longer restart or turn off my computer. Windows shuts down as normal but the system power never shuts down. I must force a hard reboot or shut down by button pushing. I noticed this the next morning after my first session on EMC 8 that while I knew I had turned off the system the night before, all the lights and power were still on. The monitor shuts down but the system just keeps running, hard drive light blinking at 1 second interval. I know this could be alot of things besides ECM 8, but I have had the system together for 2 years and have not had this issue until now so I feel pretty confident that it has something to do with ECM 8. Hopefully this is a known issue and my Search-Fu is weak. I'll give a run down of the details:

I do not have IE7

I do not have WMP 11

My version has been updated to 8.05

I have tried to restart around 20 times, does it everytime now.

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe board

AMD Dual Core X2 4400+

2 - EVGA 6800 Vid Cards (SLI) Drivers up to date

2 - 75GB WD 10K SATA Raptors (RAID 0)

250GB WD SATA (My Documents, etc drive)

2 GB RAM

Plextor PX-TV402U Video Convertor

Thanks in advance for any help you guys may have.

Try unplugging that video converter and then shutting down. I know that some USB devices with poor drivers sometimes caused this with early versions of XP. From personal experience.

Are you running XP Service Pack 2 or other?

Archived