• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Analog to Digital audio

Jeber

Question

I have tried to transfer a 60 minute interview onto my hard drive through Creator 9 three times. I get to about 57 minutes and I get a runtime error notice on my screen. I lose everything. I have tried quick capture and the other LP-Tape capture mode. HELP. It's driving me nuts. The audio is going into my computer fine.

2 answers to this question

What are you transferring from? Some voice recorders use a very low bit rate and some programs may have a problem with them.

How do you know that the capture is going into the computer fine?

What audio card do you have?

Are you going into the Mic input of your video card/chip?

Do you see the lines bouncing up and down?

Try capturing about 10 minutes of the interview. Open Sound Editor and add that file. Do you have audio?

I'm sure you do hard drive maintenance so that you have plenty of free and defragged space on your hard drive. You have also shut down all other programs including your anti-virus.

I am transfering from a cassette player...loved creator 5....I captured hours of cassette and burned it to disc....but this creator 9 suite has been a pain in the butt since I installed it. Just the other day, I used it fine for the same length interview... but now it dies at just about the end of an hour...wrecks the whole thing...The meters bounce but thank you as you advised I will try capturing about 10 minutes of the interview. Open Sound Editor and add that file.

Will also disabley anti-virus as you suggest. Thanks again.

I have tried to transfer a 60 minute interview onto my hard drive through Creator 9 three times. I get to about 57 minutes and I get a runtime error notice on my screen. I lose everything. I have tried quick capture and the other LP-Tape capture mode. HELP. It's driving me nuts. The audio is going into my computer fine.

What are you transferring from? Some voice recorders use a very low bit rate and some programs may have a problem with them.

How do you know that the capture is going into the computer fine?

What audio card do you have?

Are you going into the Mic input of your video card/chip?

Do you see the lines bouncing up and down?

Try capturing about 10 minutes of the interview. Open Sound Editor and add that file. Do you have audio?

I'm sure you do hard drive maintenance so that you have plenty of free and defragged space on your hard drive. You have also shut down all other programs including your anti-virus.

Archived