• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

MOV File Input

Russetsprint

Question

5 answers to this question

I have EMC9 and EMC10 running on Vista on my Dell XPS420.

I have installed Quicktime V7.

I still cannot import MOV files from my JVC hard drive camcorder into Videowave.

What have I done wrong?

Your camera creates MOD file extensions; not mov files. Quicktime doesn't help. I think what is confusing is that the camera names the files MOV?????. mod. You may not be seeing the mod extension.

Are you able to use the Cyberlink software that came with the computer to "back up the hard drive"? You can use that program to create an AVI or mpg2 file and use that in Video Wave.

From earlier posts, even if you get the mod files into VideoWave, you'll get the video but probably not the audio. Cyberlink seems to have an audio codec that many other video programs do not have

Let us know how it works out for you.

I'm having the same problem. I would think that maybe Roxio would have integrated a solution into the software. Personally, I'm not interested in using two programs to burn 1 disk. I want to be able to import *.mod files directly. Does anyone know of a fix or patch?

Mod is not an industry standard!

It is not up to Roxio to chase the tail of everyone who subverts Standards because they are too cheap to pay the license fee…

Archived