• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cant click on avi files

Kevin S

Question

I have Roxio Creator Basic v9

Version: 9.0.572

Came with my computer.I tried to make a dvd and when I try to get an avi file I can't click on

it and it has an anti sign there. I am able to play this file on windows media player.. I can do a wma with no problem.

Kevin

2 answers to this question

Came with my computer.I tried to make a dvd and when I try to get an avi file I can't click on

it and it has an anti sign there. I am able to play this file on windows media player.. I can do a wma with no problem.

Kevin

Sounds like your avi file is a divx or xvid file and the Basic version does not support it. In order to use those files in Roxio, you'll have to upgrade to the full version.

Kevin

I just encountered the same problem and .avi files were fine the last time I used Roxio, which was only a month ago.

After hunting around a bit, I double checked some settings. All I had to do was associate the .avi files with Windows Media Player again and everything worked fine. The .avi files then showed up in Roxio's Video Wave as before and were viewable and useable.

Dunno how the mix up occured, unless it was when I installed the free VLC program to view some .flv files off of DropShots.

Hope this helps.

Archived