Accd Codec Error

j.garate

I just re-loaded the program and when I try to record, I get the error message: "Your recorder is in use by ACCD codec. Close any other roxio application that may be using the recorder or eject the Drag to Disk media".

I'm using Win xP SP-2.

Sounds like you are trying to use one of the sessions-based programs (the reliable ones) but have made the mistake of first formatting the disc. (More on this in the FREQUENT ANSWERS post pinned to the top of the board).

Remove the formatted disc from the drive, and carefully put it somewhere else, such as the trashcan (altho if it is CD-RW, you can always erase the disc and use it for testing purposes).

Put in a BLANK blank, directly out of the box or off the spindle (DO NOT FORMAT), and the program shouldn't have any further problems.

If it does, get back on with more details.

Lynn

Sounds like you are trying to use one of the sessions-based programs (the reliable ones) but have made the mistake of first formatting the disc. (More on this in the FREQUENT ANSWERS post pinned to the top of the board).

Remove the formatted disc from the drive, and carefully put it somewhere else, such as the trashcan (altho if it is CD-RW, you can always erase the disc and use it for testing purposes).

Put in a BLANK blank, directly out of the box or off the spindle (DO NOT FORMAT), and the program shouldn't have any further problems.

If it does, get back on with more details.

Lynn

I tried a blank disk but it did not work. However, I may have given you the wrong error message.

The ACCD Codec message appeared before I reloaded Easy CD Creator 6. After reloading, the error message I now get is : "Your recorder is in use by Roxio Drag-to-Disk Kernel. Close any oher Roxio application that may be using the recorder or eject the drag-to-disk media".

I tried a blank disk but it did not work. However, I may have given you the wrong error message.

The ACCD Codec message appeared before I reloaded Easy CD Creator 6. After reloading, the error message I now get is : "Your recorder is in use by Roxio Drag-to-Disk Kernel. Close any oher Roxio application that may be using the recorder or eject the drag-to-disk media".

Roxio error: Are you absolutely 100% sure you have a blank (out of the box) unformatted disc in there.

Also did you try doing a google search on the ACCD codec message.

Roxio error: Are you absolutely 100% sure you have a blank (out of the box) unformatted disc in there.

Also did you try doing a google search on the ACCD codec message.

Yes, I'm using a new, blank CDR disk (unformatted). I did a search on google, but only found you message about unformatted disks.

The problem started when I was copying audio tracks to a blank CDR disks (with Easy Creator). Every thing worked well for a while (I sucessfully made a few disks) and suddenly I started to get the ACCD codec message when I started the burn process. After I reloaded Easy Creator, I'm getting the Drag-to-disk Kernel message.

Things I've done: removed Real Player from my computer; re-loaded Easy Creator 6; made sure I am using new, blank CDR disks for burning; turned off drag-to-disk while burning a disk.

If you are not using Drag to Disc,or even if you are,stop it from loading at Windows bootup and see what happens.Sounds like it's doing it's usual weird thing and taking control of your drive.

The best way would be to go to Start,Run and type msconfig.Go to the startup tab and locate DrgtoDsc and uncheck the box.Ok out of msconfig and reboot your computer.You'll get a box that pops up when you reboot,just tell it not to show again.Now see if the problem exists.

If you are not using Drag to Disc,or even if you are,stop it from loading at Windows bootup and see what happens.Sounds like it's doing it's usual weird thing and taking control of your drive.

The best way would be to go to Start,Run and type msconfig.Go to the startup tab and locate DrgtoDsc and uncheck the box.Ok out of msconfig and reboot your computer.You'll get a box that pops up when you reboot,just tell it not to show again.Now see if the problem exists.

Thanks Terry: Removing DragtoDsc from the start programs did the trick. I can easily start Drag-to-Disk whenever I need it. I don't need it to automatically load at start.

You're welcome.D2D has an ugly habit of sometimes playing games with drives.If you are going to use it the best way is to stop it from loading at startup and only start it when needed.Glad it solved your problem.

Thanks Terry: Removing DragtoDsc from the start programs did the trick. I can easily start Drag-to-Disk whenever I need it. I don't need it to automatically load at start.

I hope you aen't using Drag2Disc for any kind of backup. What Packet-Writing does best is permantly lose the data, and it does so a lot faster if you are using RW media. If you are using it for long-term backup, you'd be better off with a Sessions-Writing program, such as Classic Creator (or the WinXP built-in burning, if that is relevant).

For mid-term backups, consider getting a Flash drives (aka Thumb / Pen / Jump / Keychain drive) - you can get them pretty cheap up to 512MB, and they are far more stable than Packet-Writing.

Packet-Writing (including Drag2Disc, DirectCD, Nero's InCD, Sonic's DLA, etc) has a tendancy to be fussy about being read. RW media, by the nature of the media, will fade out sooner or later taking all the data with it - if formatted for Packet-Writing, usually sooner.

(written in memory of the 80% of the data on the Packet-Written CD-RW which was not also on the Hard Drive, and was lost)

Lynn

Archived