• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Lost DVD Reader, EMC 10

SteveWRR

Question

I just received the notice about the latest Media Creator v10 update (1.0.044) and installed it. I have 3 drives 1) DVD/CD Reader 2) CD burner 3) DVD burner. Before the update I could see all three drives in Media Creator, in fact I burned a MyDVD photo DVD from my DVD reader to my DVD burner just prior to the update. After the update I tried to burn another copy but now I can''t see the DVD Reader in Media Creator.

I can see it in Explorer and read from the reader in explorer but Media Creator only sees the CD burner and the DVD burner. I've rebooted both Warm and Cold, still no DVD reader. I'm running XP Pro SP2 with the latest patches. I didn't do any other updates or program installs before or after the Media Creator update.

Anyone have any ideas??

2 answers to this question

Give this a try and see if it works.

That worked!! Thanks

I have been using the Roxio Creator series for years and it's great when it works but over the years I have run across issues which seem to break it for no reason at all (some serious some just an inconvenience). I've always been able to resolve the issue through various posts on the Internet but Roxio never seems to acknowledge the problem or post any solutions (just updates which cause other problems). Roxio Tech support has never been much use either. I've keep telling myself I'm going to switch but I always upgrade to the next version and then kick myself when it blows up. I guess I just like the interface and the features.

If it weren't for guys like you I would have gone to something else a long time ago!!

Thanks Again!!!

Archived