• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

chookrun50

Vinyl To CD

Question

Hi,

In LP & Tape Assistant : I check the Auto button and make sure a loud part is playing. I then record the vinyl. On Playback the first 5 seconds or so are at right volume ....then drops to a whisper.

Why?

Also, the only option I have for Input is Master Volume. Capture From shows as my Sound Card. Don't understand.

Help.

Thanks,

Sue

Edited by chookrun50

3 answers to this question

Hi,

In LP & Tape Assistant : I check the Auto button and make sure a loud part is playing. I then record the vinyl. On Playback the first 5 seconds or so are at right volume ....then drops to a whisper.

Why?

Also, the only option I have for Input is Master Volume. Capture From shows as my Sound Card. Don't understand.

Help.

Thanks,

Sue

Sue, it would be a big help if you would post something about your computer - laptop or desk top. What audio card do you have?

Hi Steve,

Acer Aspire M5630

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz

2 Gig Ram

Realtek High Definition

ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO

That all you need?

Sue

The Realtec HD audio is a monumental pain - I have it on my motherboard and it gave so much hassle that I went out and got a real el cheapo Trust C-Media audio to use instead

The audio input settings are really crazy - the volume control sliders for input are all greyed out - what you have to do is to use 'rear pink in' for mic and so on (that's how the thing is set up).

Open the volume control with a right click - then go to properties and you can select your input from there