Photosuite codec?

davideri

Question

2 answers to this question

What video codec does photosuite use or output as? I noticed that the free Buzz only accepts MPEG1 so I was thinking of getting the $20 versions to upload my slideshows. Thanks.

You are wrong about what Buzz accepts. Read it again. I count 5 video formats.

"The free version of Roxio Buzz Lite supports Windows Media Video, AVI, MPEG-1, QuickTime, and Divx.*"

The first one is a video format often abbreviated as WMV, AVI is a non-compressed video format, MPEG-1 is the video format used for VideoCD, Quick Time is mov format, and DivX is a newer highly compressed but very good video format.

In you other post you say you have EMC 7.5; not just Photosuite. Is that correct?

Photosuite does not use codecs per se. If you do your slide show in VideoWave, you can output that slide show to almost all of the formats above. With the V7.5 you have, you probably have a choice of wmv, avi, wmv. You would also have the option of mpg2 with 7.5. You should be able to put the mpg2 video into the free version of Buzz and let it upload.

Perhaps a little time with some basic video terms that you can find on the net would be in order.

You are wrong about what Buzz accepts. Read it again. I count 5 video formats.

"The free version of Roxio Buzz Lite supports Windows Media Video, AVI, MPEG-1, QuickTime, and Divx.*"

The first one is a video format often abbreviated as WMV, AVI is a non-compressed video format, MPEG-1 is the video format used for VideoCD, Quick Time is mov format, and DivX is a newer highly compressed but very good video format.

In you other post you say you have EMC 7.5; not just Photosuite. Is that correct?

Photosuite does not use codecs per se. If you do your slide show in VideoWave, you can output that slide show to almost all of the formats above. With the V7.5 you have, you probably have a choice of wmv, avi, wmv. You would also have the option of mpg2 with 7.5. You should be able to put the mpg2 video into the free version of Buzz and let it upload.

Perhaps a little time with some basic video terms that you can find on the net would be in order.

Thanks - I think VideoWave is the answer but, you're right, I need to do a little more homework. Anyway I now know the free version of Buzz should do the trick.

Archived