Creating a custom menu/submenu style - Arrrgh

Mr. Michael

Question

I'm struggling with MyDVD 9 and would appreciate any help. Probably user error.

I want a menu and submenu with the same style (background, title in the same location, font, video buttons with text underneath). I've tried to set one up but the menu and submenu don't really seem to take. MyDVD says that the newstyle must be based on a menu/sub and it shows two different thumbs - one that I played with and one from the original base style.

Also want to change the navigation buttons and their location but can't seem to do that unless they are showing on a page after adding 15+ videos to show them all. Do I really have to create enough pages to show the home, up one, next, previous buttons and then change them to the style I want?

Once I get this custom style down, any videos I add will show up in the new style, correct? I won't have to go back and apply the custom style again?

This isn't as clear as it was in previous versions of MyDVD. Wish that Vista didn't require the upgrade from the version I was using!

3 answers to this question

See bolded text above.

If that is really what you are trying to do, you've got little or no chance that the navigation to the individual movies will work.

Do you have the full Version of MyDVD 9 or an OEM version or Studio or Premier? How many templates do you have - only two?

Need to add at least 15 videos to see all the buttons I want to change the style for. First page for a full page of five, 2nd (5+5) page to get the 'home' and 'back' buttons, 3rd (5+5+5) to get the 'next' on the 2nd page.

Running Studio Premier with the premium content CD installed so I have possibly 30(?) templates to choose from. Closest one to what I want is Droplet. Guess that one would be 4+4+4 instead of 15.

Problem isn't so much the number of videos as it is making the main and sub menus the same.

Need to add at least 15 videos to see all the buttons I want to change the style for. First page for a full page of five, 2nd (5+5) page to get the 'home' and 'back' buttons, 3rd (5+5+5) to get the 'next' on the 2nd page.

Running Studio Premier with the premium content CD installed so I have possibly 30(?) templates to choose from. Closest one to what I want is Droplet. Guess that one would be 4+4+4 instead of 15.

Problem isn't so much the number of videos as it is making the main and sub menus the same.

Aftter making your new custom style, save it and:

Disclaimer: I haven't tried this so I'm not sure ...

I'm struggling with MyDVD 9 and would appreciate any help. Probably user error.

I want a menu and submenu with the same style (background, title in the same location, font, video buttons with text underneath). I've tried to set one up but the menu and submenu don't really seem to take. MyDVD says that the newstyle must be based on a menu/sub and it shows two different thumbs - one that I played with and one from the original base style.

Also want to change the navigation buttons and their location but can't seem to do that unless they are showing on a page after adding 15+ videos to show them all. Do I really have to create enough pages to show the home, up one, next, previous buttons and then change them to the style I want?

Once I get this custom style down, any videos I add will show up in the new style, correct? I won't have to go back and apply the custom style again?

This isn't as clear as it was in previous versions of MyDVD. Wish that Vista didn't require the upgrade from the version I was using!

See bolded text above.

If that is really what you are trying to do, you've got little or no chance that the navigation to the individual movies will work.

Do you have the full Version of MyDVD 9 or an OEM version or Studio or Premier? How many templates do you have - only two?

Archived