• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

jittery burned home movies

jrfk2

Question

I have been burning home movies for awhile now and all of a sudden my recent burned ones are real jittery especially when there is movement or the camera scans across the room.

I am recording with a canon elura 80 in widescreen mode, which I have been doing for awhile. I transfer the movies to my PC using media import, currently importing in AVI DV format (is that any better /worse than MPEG?).

The movies seem to view fine when I watch them on the PC as a raw video file, but when I burn them to a DVD using MyDVD and then watch them on the PC or TV, thats when I see the jittery stuff when there is motion.

So I am trying to figure out where things are going wrong. Is it wrong to presume that since the movies seem to play OK as raw video files on the PC, that its a problem with my burn process?

5 answers to this question

I have been burning home movies for awhile now and all of a sudden my recent burned ones are real jittery especially when there is movement or the camera scans across the room.

I am recording with a canon elura 80 in widescreen mode, which I have been doing for awhile. I transfer the movies to my PC using media import, currently importing in AVI DV format (is that any better /worse than MPEG?).

The movies seem to view fine when I watch them on the PC as a raw video file, but when I burn them to a DVD using MyDVD and then watch them on the PC or TV, thats when I see the jittery stuff when there is motion.

So I am trying to figure out where things are going wrong. Is it wrong to presume that since the movies seem to play OK as raw video files on the PC, that its a problem with my burn process?

When you go to burn that video, make an ISO file rather than burning directly to disc ( don't make ISO and burn to disc at the same time). You can then preview the ISO file using the program. Your choice, 1) open Video Copy and Convert and on the left select to browse to ISO file. Media Selector will open and you can chose to preview there. If the preview looks OK, just copy the ISO file to a blank DVD. 2) Go to the tools tab, select "Load Disc Image" and follow the instructions. You can then play that disc as if it were a DVD using any computer DVD player. You can do an easier check of the navigation there. If it OK, do as above copying the ISO to a DVD blank.

Don't forget the other two contributors. The quality of the DVD bland. You put a lot of effort into doing the project, it deserves better than a store brand or a Memorex. Check your original burned disc in another DVD player. Yours may not like the disc type, a home burned disc or it could be dirty or going bad.

WHen you go to Video Copy and Convert, there is no preview window.

When I open Copy and Convert and navigate to the ISO file, I can do a preview. Perhaps you didn't recognize the icon or go to the right place. If you can't see this, you have a bad install

When you go to burn that video, make an ISO file rather than burning directly to disc ( don't make ISO and burn to disc at the same time). You can then preview the ISO file using the program. Your choice, 1) open Video Copy and Convert and on the left select to browse to ISO file. Media Selector will open and you can chose to preview there. If the preview looks OK, just copy the ISO file to a blank DVD. 2) Go to the tools tab, select "Load Disc Image" and follow the instructions. You can then play that disc as if it were a DVD using any computer DVD player. You can do an easier check of the navigation there. If it OK, do as above copying the ISO to a DVD blank.

Don't forget the other two contributors. The quality of the DVD bland. You put a lot of effort into doing the project, it deserves better than a store brand or a Memorex. Check your original burned disc in another DVD player. Yours may not like the disc type, a home burned disc or it could be dirty or going bad.

I have the same problem. I did make an ISO without burning to DVD and I have tried the DVD in another player. Video is jerking with any motion, left to right or up and down. I've tried the methods above to view the ISO file. Neither works for me. WHen you go to Video Copy and Convert, there is no preview window.

I have the same problem. I did make an ISO without burning to DVD and I have tried the DVD in another player. Video is jerking with any motion, left to right or up and down. I've tried the methods above to view the ISO file. Neither works for me. WHen you go to Video Copy and Convert, there is no preview window.

And 'did you' set Render to Software???

Did you play it on the PC?

Archived