• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

emc 9 upgrade.

jad

Question

I have installed Roxio Creator 9 Home Version: 9.1.068 Build: 910B68R, R03 on a Dell XPS210 Vista Ultimate, having a lot of problems trying to convert AVI basically get program not responding and the Roxio crashes. Thught right I will try and download the updates, Log into my Roxio account and shows me some downloads to use, either ENC9.1 delux or EMC9.1 normal, have tried downing loading both bits of software yet when I try to run I get Setup cannot fidn a valiad version of the software top upgrade! now my Roxio help shows me the above versions insatalled, Am I really doing something wrong here. I am trying to update as Roxio seems to have stopped working properly on Vista, not willing to pay for a EMC 10 as I paid for this and have enough problems and refuse to pay for something that still might have problems. ANY ideas anyone?

PS originally this was I believe an OEM install but I PAID the upgrade to full version!

I think most of my problems stem from DivXDec.ax as I had installed Divx convertor, I no longer have this file on the system, so please help I have registered Roxio Creater ( OEM I think ) I also have Roxio Creater 9 suite registered with serial keys which I think must be the upgrade I paid for. I have the OEM disk, do I uninstall Roxio, then reinstall the OEm disk. Then install the upgrade I downloaded. I have a serial/key for the Suite registered above is this all I need before I uninstall! don't ant to lose the product I have purchased!

3 answers to this question

If you have 9.1, then you have the latest version (the update from 9.0 to 9.1 was the only one issued to date and was solely to address Vista issues)

The DivX problem is probably down to you installing DivX separately but there is a fix for that. Check this post by M. Tolman

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=8841

If you have 9.1, then you have the latest version (the update from 9.0 to 9.1 was the only one issued to date and was solely to address Vista issues)

The DivX problem is probably down to you installing DivX separately but there is a fix for that. Check this post by M. Tolman

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=8841

Thanks, ended up getting a new version of DivxDec.ax installing that and removing divx converter it is all running Ok now.

Archived