• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How to avoid having EMC 10 in RAM when not being used

Jack-Knife Gypsy

Question

I have just installed EMC10 (a Christmas present). I will not be using the software on a daily basis, but the Windows Task Manager shows that RoxMediaDB10.exe is sitting in RAM sucking up a lot of available memory. Can I set up the program to activate only when I'm using it so my machine doesn't have to deal with the extra drain on resources? Thanks.

4 answers to this question

I have just installed EMC10 (a Christmas present). I will not be using the software on a daily basis, but the Windows Task Manager shows that RoxMediaDB10.exe is sitting in RAM sucking up a lot of available memory. Can I set up the program to activate only when I'm using it so my machine doesn't have to deal with the extra drain on resources? Thanks.

Feel free to uncheck it and don't give it another thought. It's the first thing I did after installing it.

Feel free to uncheck it and don't give it another thought. It's the first thing I did after installing it.

Good morning Paul,

When you say "uncheck it" do you mean go into task manager under processes, and then select" end process" on the db.exc file? I want to make certain I am doing the correct procedure.

Thanks very much,

Bob

Good morning Paul,

When you say "uncheck it" do you mean go into task manager under processes, and then select" end process" on the db.exc file? I want to make certain I am doing the correct procedure.

Thanks very much,

Bob

You can uncheck it via msconfig, or in Administrate Tools/Services, set it to manual, as well as most of the other Roxio services shown there.

Archived