Burning YouTube videos to DVD

Fulcanelli

Question

I have EMC9 and want to know if I can create a DVD (or even a V-CD) of YouTube videos using Roxio? I can download videos with a Firefox plug-in (Fast Video Download) but don't know what to do after that. I think YouTube uses a flash format, FVL or something like that. How do I convert this to a format that Roxio can work with? Maybe Roxio can do that, no?

Thanks. I haven't worked with video before. I want to make a disk of interesting vids for someone who doesn't have access to a computer.

7 answers to this question

I'm sorry. I misunderstood the nature of this forum. I am not very knowledgeable about video and wanted to get some of my favorite YouTube videos on a DVD for my elderly mother to view. The quality wasn't important. I've found those websites online that someone here mentioned. I've visited the sites and most of them want me to enter the address of the video on their sites and they'll either convert them there for me or email them. I am by nature a suspicious person, wondering why someone would do that, though gaining access to my email address would have value to someone who might be selling lists like that to marketing people.

And since I was going to be using Roxio as my burning software, I thought someone could help me. But I see you are only interested in Roxio-specific issues.

Oh well, back where I started.

Or round in circles. :lol:

I just googled flv avi conversion and the first hit was this (free it says)

http://avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Converter.asp...CFQ81QgodSn2OXg

"Convert video between almost any formats:

AVI (DivX, XviD, etc.), DV AVI, MP4 (inc. Sony PSP and Apple iPod), WMV, 3GP, 3G2, QuickTime (MOV, QT), SWF, DVD, VOB, VRO,MPG, MPEG 1,2,4, MOD, DAT, VCD, SVCD, ASF, ASX, MJPEG, H.263, H.264, Real Video (RM, RMVB), DVR-MS, MKV, OGM, FLV"

Sorry but FLV is not a supported format.

The following are formats supported in Roxio Easy Media Creator Suite 9.

Input formats:

• Video: AVI, DV, HD-V, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MPEG2-HD, IFO/VOB, DivX, DivX HD, XviD, DVR-MS, TiVo, ASF, MOV, WMV, QuickTime, 3GP, MPEG2 Transport Stream, H.264, OpenDVD
  • Audio: Audio CD, MP3, WAV, WMA, Dolby Digital AC-3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, M4A, MP4, Playlists (WPL, ASX, M3U, PLS, XSPF)
  • Image: JPG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, GIF

Here is I proceeded

I have download IVC (Internet Video Converted) It's a free software and the one I have found the easiest to use: http://ivcsoft.free.fr/

With this freeware you can import .flv videos from Youtube and transform them in .wmv or other formats you prefer and then work them in Videowave and burn with My DVD

From my experience you can put around 20 clips (songs) on a DVD

PS: the Internet site above refers to the french version, but there is an english one

Okay then, does anybody else know how I can work around this and still get YouTube videos burned to DVD? I can't be the only person using Roxio EMC9 who wants to do this.

If you don't like it when Malatekid tells you the FLV format isn't supported in EMC9, I'm afraid that discarding his answer and asking somebody else isn't going to change the range of supported formats. It doesn't work like that.

If you want to burn your FLVs to a DVD-Video compliant DVD you need to get a program which will convert FLVs to DVD, or which will convert them to something that EMC9 can handle.

Regards,

Brendon

Archived