• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

EMC 10

hotgossip

Question

16 answers to this question

Try burning your project to an image file instead of direct to disc and see if that is successful. If you need help burning to an image file, let me know.

It does seem this error is popping up frequently and I am not sure why that is.

I have tried everything I know...which isn't much!...nothing works

No-one is being patronising - you were told the same thing twice and ignored it

Why ask for advice and then decide you know better?

What that error is - if you had searched for it - is a graphics error

Again I thank you for the reply, I didn't ignore your advise and I don't profess to know better, in fact i know very little...I stated I was merely a novice at this hence this is me asking for help, if as you say it's a graphics error I don't know how to fix it, perhaps you would be kind enough to tell me?

Pat

OK - what sort of graphics system do you have (if you right click on the desktop, go to properties, advanced it will tell you.)

In general if you have an onboard graphics chipset, which I believe you do with the 'turbo cache', then you will have problems.

You could try using 'software rendering' (accessible from the tools menu) but the only real cure is a dedicated graphics card. It doesn't have to be top end - any mid-range card will usually do (you can get 256 MB PCIe cards fairly cheaply - I don't know the US price, but I recently fitted one for a customer here and it cost 35 sterling)

Also, when burning, select the option to 'save to hard drive' (that is how to make an iso file) and then just double click that to start the burn process (you are splitting the job in two - rendering and the actual burning). The advantage there is that if it does fail to render, then you aren't left with a coaster

OK - what sort of graphics system do you have (if you right click on the desktop, go to properties, advanced it will tell you.)

In general if you have an onboard graphics chipset, which I believe you do with the 'turbo cache', then you will have problems.

You could try using 'software rendering' (accessible from the tools menu) but the only real cure is a dedicated graphics card. It doesn't have to be top end - any mid-range card will usually do (you can get 256 MB PCIe cards fairly cheaply - I don't know the US price, but I recently fitted one for a customer here and it cost 35 sterling)

Also, when burning, select the option to 'save to hard drive' (that is how to make an iso file) and then just double click that to start the burn process (you are splitting the job in two - rendering and the actual burning). The advantage there is that if it does fail to render, then you aren't left with a coaster

256MB Nvidia GeForce 7300LE TURBO CACHE GRAPHICS CARD...I don't live in the US I live in the Scottish Borders...thats all I know about the graphics card, I'm not that educated on a PC although I'm learning day by day. i will try with the information you have advised. With my old camcorder i always used Windows Movie Maker with no problem, my new camcorder...SONY DCR-DVD306E isn't compatible with Movie maker thats why I'm using EMC 10 which as you know I'm not having much luck with it. If you don't mind i would like to get back to you.

Thanks

You will need to open the case to find this out (if it's a laptop you're out of luck)

Look for a slot at the left hand side (viewed from the back). If it's brown and set back from the case, it's AGP, black it's PCIe (I'm almost certain that it will be PCIe anyway)

Check here for prices

http://www.dabs.com/productlist.aspx?&...&PageMode=1

To fit it, you take away the blanking plate on the case, slip the card into the slot and screw down at the flange. Reboot, open the BIOS (enter setup or whatever it says) and disable the onboard graphics). When it boots into windows it will look for drivers for the card - these are obtained from the card makers webste - either AMI or nVidia. There will be a driver CD with the card - but it's likely to be serevar; versions out of date. Install the new drivers and that should help

I received EMC 10 as a Xmas present but i have been unable to burn a film as it always comes up Error 80004005....HELP

Please give more info on your problem. Exactly what program(s) in the suite are you using? What are your computer specs?

Make sure all your devices have the latest firmware and drivers as well.

I received EMC 10 as a Xmas present but i have been unable to burn a film as it always comes up Error 80004005....HELP

I can capture the film from camcorder onto pc in videowave and edit it then when i try to burn the disk it has rerror 80004005, 256mb Nvidia Grforce 7300LE turbo cache graphics card. Dimension 9150pentium duel core processor,IEEE 1394 PCI Adapter card. 320 GB, 2048 MB. I am not sure how to upgrade driver if it's needed so any help would be very much appreciated.....thanks.

capture film with videowave

edit etc.

send to dvd express

try to burn disk

error 80004005, while encoding movie??????

I can capture the film from camcorder onto pc in videowave and edit it then when i try to burn the disk it has rerror 80004005, 256mb Nvidia Grforce 7300LE turbo cache graphics card. Dimension 9150pentium duel core processor,IEEE 1394 PCI Adapter card. 320 GB, 2048 MB. I am not sure how to upgrade driver if it's needed so any help would be very much appreciated.....thanks.

capture film with videowave

edit etc.

send to dvd express

try to burn disk

error 80004005, while encoding movie??????

Try burning your project to an image file instead of direct to disc and see if that is successful. If you need help burning to an image file, let me know.

Thanks for the reply

I followed your advice and saved it into a folder then re-opened it and tried to burn it with the SAME result. Not happy with this software at all. Is there anything else I could try, are my PC specs okay?

HELP!!

Archived