EMC10 installed for one, others must register too? fails on Napster Burn engine error.

InvisibleDave

Question

I installed EMC10 on a "fresh" install of XP Home SP2. Now when I go to other users on the computer it asks them to "register".... But then fails with the following popup.

" The feature you are trying to use is on a network resoruce that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'Napster Burn Engine.msi' in the box below.

Use source: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Setting..."

And if I click on it to try to browse for the file on the Install CD, I get errors that want to report to Microsoft, and then I get a Dr. Watson error... Then I am unable to "Browse" for the "Napster Burn Engine.msi" file and actually do anything with EMC10

-Dave

2 answers to this question

Noo idea where 'Napster Burn engine.msi' is coming from. I don't think that is included in EMC any more. Any chance you had an earlier version on this machine?

There was a "previous" version of Roxio on the machine... But, I only see this when I start the EMC10 application.

Noo idea where 'Napster Burn engine.msi' is coming from. I don't think that is included in EMC any more. Any chance you had an earlier version on this machine?

There was a "previous" version of Roxio on the machine... But, I only see this when I start the EMC10 application.

And... EMC only works for the for the "first" user that installed it.

Archived