• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't Get Creator 8 To Run

mets721

Question

:) I can't get the Software to run. Everytime I open the main program up and pick Plug and Burn, or anything else; I get a message that says Easy Creator 8 is configuring. If I don't have the Install disc in it tell me it can't find the information. If I do have the disc in, It keeps configuring the software for about 5 mintues and then locks up. Any Ideas? I also tried to install the update from the website to 8.5 and it says that it can't find the software on my computer. Can Roxio get anything right?

6 answers to this question

I tried getting into the Creator Classic and now it won't even let me start the program. I'm really getting frustrated here! I uninstalled and reinstalled and got the same message "Window is configuring Easy Media Creator 8 Suite". Then it asks me to insert the install disc. After a while it let me run a program. I chose "Plug and Burn" to try and copy my daughter's birthday video. The "My Menu" was all pixel boxes. I tried to choose another Menu and had the same problem. When I shut it down and tried to restart, it won't respond. No hour glass, no nothing. I really need some help here, I feel like i just wasted alot of money.

I am running the store bought version on Windows XP Home, Service pack 2 on a Dell Dimension 4600, Pentium 4, 2.66GHz, 256MB. I do not have any other recording software on here anymore. The update downloaded fine, it just said it couldn't find the software to install it to, I don't know why because Creator 8 is on the computer. I have no idea why it won't let me load any of the componets of the program, it just says it's configuring and then after a while it locks up.

Go into Creator Classic and find the build number under Help, and post it here. If the update patch would not install, you don't have the version for which the update was made.

I tried getting into the Creator Classic and now it won't even let me start the program. I'm really getting frustrated here! I uninstalled and reinstalled and got the same message "Window is configuring Easy Media Creator 8 Suite". Then it asks me to insert the install disc. After a while it let me run a program. I chose "Plug and Burn" to try and copy my daughter's birthday video. The "My Menu" was all pixel boxes. I tried to choose another Menu and had the same problem. When I shut it down and tried to restart, it won't respond. No hour glass, no nothing. I really need some help here, I feel like i just wasted alot of money.

What is your video card? Is it an on-board card? Do you have DirectX 9.c installed? On-board video cards from Dell usually are not compatible with all the features of DirectX (c. I also have a Dell and had to install a video card and disable the on-board card before I could do any video work.

Could you please provide system specs.

Here are a few things you can check:

1. Do you have some type of antivirus or Internet security program that may be preventing it from installing it. You may try shutting it off and trying to install to see if you are able to install that way.

2. Make sure you have full administritive privleges on the drive you are installing to.

3. Finally do you have any other burning software installed like nero or sonic, etc. Duplicate packet writing software can cause problems??

4. Make sure install disk is free of smudges, dirt etc.

If you need additional help, don't hesitate to ask. We will do our best to help.

:) I can't get the Software to run. Everytime I open the main program up and pick Plug and Burn, or anything else; I get a message that says Easy Creator 8 is configuring. If I don't have the Install disc in it tell me it can't find the information. If I do have the disc in, It keeps configuring the software for about 5 mintues and then locks up. Any Ideas? I also tried to install the update from the website to 8.5 and it says that it can't find the software on my computer. Can Roxio get anything right?

Ok... Hi mets721

Here are a few pointer to use this site and also a bit of information for your reference...

1. this site is funded by Roxio , but not manned or run by them, we are all users here just like you, so bagging Roxio on here go's no were but hacking off people, if you want to complain then use the contact links to your menu at the left of this screen.

2. if you have an issue (as shown above) then we here all need a bit more information, Please add a bit of technical information to the post, or add it to your signature (things like OS, Service Packs?, Computer hardware? ect ect ect), as all of us here that use this site don't have ESP, and with all the different operating systems and service packs out there, its hard to diagnose what the issue is without it.

(if you are unsure then use a freeware app called Belarc AdvisorFound Here)

3. and then after all this, lets get to work to try and sort out your issue...

Dont take this as a personal dig, as we have all been here for similar reasons over the years...

lets start but you posting that info and wile you are there also can you post how you got your version of EMC8 , as the service pack is not intended for the download version, only for the OEM boxed version...

Boxed version 8.0 Required SP from Roxio to make it 8.05, Download version was already 8.05...ect ect..

look forward to your next post to move this on..

I am running the store bought version on Windows XP Home, Service pack 2 on a Dell Dimension 4600, Pentium 4, 2.66GHz, 256MB. I do not have any other recording software on here anymore. The update downloaded fine, it just said it couldn't find the software to install it to, I don't know why because Creator 8 is on the computer. I have no idea why it won't let me load any of the componets of the program, it just says it's configuring and then after a while it locks up.

Archived