• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Conversion Makes Files Too Big (newbie Help Please!)

bluerivers123

Question

OK so this is my first time using DVD Builder. Well, i tried putting some wmv movies on this dvd, all in all about 1.76 Gigs worth of video. For some reason, this equates to a 18.89 Gig project. Did i do something wrong? or does the DVD builder convert the videos into some ridiculous huge files.

1 answer to this question

OK so this is my first time using DVD Builder. Well, i tried putting some wmv movies on this dvd, all in all about 1.76 Gigs worth of video. For some reason, this equates to a 18.89 Gig project. Did i do something wrong? or does the DVD builder convert the videos into some ridiculous huge files.

No you did not nothing really wrong you just have to understand that wmv files are highly compressed and get de-compressed when "converted to the DVD compliant format. This results in much larger files. Also, file size really means nothing when you are creating video on DVD. A standard 4.7GB DVD is able to hold 60 minutes of video when burned at best quality. You can get more on a DVD but will have to reduce the quality.

Archived