• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burning DVD error

scootch

Question

I recorded a TV show from Dish network to my DVR drive and then attached it to my tv tuner and recorded it to my laptop HD via mediacenter. I tried to backup to a dvd and after 6% it gives me a "burning dvd error " and stops. Only thing I can think of is that it's protected. Is there anyway to record this tv program onto a dvd? Thanks!!

1 answer to this question

I recorded a TV show from Dish network to my DVR drive and then attached it to my tv tuner and recorded it to my laptop HD via mediacenter. I tried to backup to a dvd and after 6% it gives me a "burning dvd error " and stops. Only thing I can think of is that it's protected. Is there anyway to record this tv program onto a dvd? Thanks!!

I don't have the equipment you have but do some testing for Microsoft which involves recording HD content (from a cable card) in Vista and I also can't burn these to dvd. I've not tried any way around this but I've also not seen anything to suggest otherwise. I'm not even sure it's possible to do if you take Media Center out of the equation as it's likely protected from the Dish TV side.

Archived