Jump to content
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
  • 0

Vhs To Dvd


simpsonatc

Question

Using Roxio Media Import, Capture. After capturing a MPEG2 file with a Plextor M402U ConvertX. When I try to "burn image" the just captured file is not displayed in the location option. The captured file was output to the default location, My Documents, My Video, MPEGAV. I can view and access the file if I use Windows Explorer, but when I am at Step 1 (burn image) "choose location for image". File is not displayed when you open the folder with the "browse" option. Also, Checking the properites of the file. File is "Nero Show Time File" I have not been able to figure out how to change the unwanted "nero" file association. Thanks,

 

Mark

 

 

 

Celeron 2.93 GHz

768 Ram

Win XP Pro SP2

Plextor M402U ConvertX

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

You are correct. An MPG will never show up in that window. It is looking for a disc image file like ISO. The fact that the file is associated with Nero doesn't matter. You can always change that.

 

Now the question is what are you trying to do? If you want to create a DVD to watch the video on a set top player connected to your TV, you need to use MyDVD 8. That is the program that creates a DVD menu system and burns it in the proper format.

 

From the HOME page, click on DVD & Video in the left panel. Then Select, Create DVD or Quick DVD.

 

 

You are correct. I was able to open my captured MPEG files in MY DVD. Thank you.

 

However, when I burnt the MPEG file using MY DVD I encountered some problems.

 

One, The MPEG file only occupied 10% of the screen. The other 90% was the backround from the Menu. How do I eliminate the my menu backround so the mpeg file is 100% of the display.

 

Also, for some reason MY DVD replaced the audio from the MPEG file with backround music?

 

Thanks again,

 

Mark

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are correct. An MPG will never show up in that window. It is looking for a disc image file like ISO. The fact that the file is associated with Nero doesn't matter. You can always change that.

 

Now the question is what are you trying to do? If you want to create a DVD to watch the video on a set top player connected to your TV, you need to use MyDVD 8. That is the program that creates a DVD menu system and burns it in the proper format.

 

From the HOME page, click on DVD & Video in the left panel. Then Select, Create DVD or Quick DVD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are you sure you aren't looking at the menu? Just so I'm sure of what you are doing.

 

You create the MyDVD project

Add your MOD file with the .MPG extension

You should see a menu with a thumbnail button

 

Click PREVIEW

To play the movie, click OK on the remote or mouse click on the button

JUST the movie should play at that point.

post-49-1142347076.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...