• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Copying Data CDs

Lobo111

I have Easy CD Creator 5 and have used it to copy a data CD. When completed, the files on the CD all have arrows on them and the label at the top of the Internet Explorer screen says "Files Ready to be Written to the CD". However, the execution files all seem to be working. I've used the drag and drop method and the disk copy method and have the same result each time. What is the significance of the arrows and message? Thanks.

You aren't using ECD - what you are using is the built-in Windows CD session writing system

Then I'm really confused.....I open ECD and go to the Disc Copier function which walks me though the process.......that's what results in the arrows on the copied files. Does ECD default to the Windows CD application and, if so, how do stay in ECD? Thanks.

I have Easy CD Creator 5 and have used it to copy a data CD. When completed, the files on the CD all have arrows on them and the label at the top of the Internet Explorer screen says "Files Ready to be Written to the CD". However, the execution files all seem to be working. I've used the drag and drop method and the disk copy method and have the same result each time. What is the significance of the arrows and message? Thanks.

Lobo,

I wonder if you are wanting to create a data disc, or to copy one. Rather than write a large book, I'll go with what you have said and deal with copying. If you really just want to create one we can go into that in the next message.

The best way to copy a data disc in ECDC 5 is this:

(1) go to the project selector and select Disc Copier

post-208-1198879137.jpg

(2) you will get a box like the top one in the clip below. Put the disc to be copied in your drive. If you are using two drives, your reader is the 'Copy from' drive, the writer is the 'Record to' drive. Put a blank in the 'Record to" drive. If you're using only one drive, then the drive appears in both selectors, like mine did, and the blank comes later.

Once the label of the source disc shows in the green text of 'contents' click Copy, and the source disc will be read in.

(3) once the source disc is read in, the destination disc will be written. If you are using one drive, the source will be ejected and you'll be prompted to insert the blank disc. Either way, you will see a display like this one as it writes:

post-208-1198879621.jpg

That's your disc copy done.

The Message and the arrows:

Windows XP has a built-in ability to copy files to a CD. When you use the XP system, files you want to copy to the CD are stored in a folder on your hard drive until there are enough to make it worthwhile having a burning session. Windows will show you those "Files Ready to be Written to the CD" when you ask it, and that is what the message is.

Also, all the files that are waiting will have a small down-arrow on them. That's the 'Ready to be written' arrow which has confused our Lyn. She may not have used this system, else she would have known.

post-208-1198881576.jpg

Give Windows the go-ahead and it will burn all these files to the CD in one session. It's a simple method, but not as flexible or powerful as using Easy CD Creator

Now, has that answered your questions, or do you need to know about creating a data disc with Easy CD Creator? We can cover that quite quickly if you need.

Regards,

Brendon

Archived