• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Recomendations on a new video card

Maxinminn

Question

I'm upgraging from EMC9 to 10. I think it's time to upgrage my video also. I'm using mombo based video now and would like to move up a bit. I'm not a big gamer so the new card would be used mainly to support EMC10. I have a HP m7760 Media Center PC with a Duo core E6400. Can anyone recomend a range of graphics cards that I could consider.

Thanks, in advance,

John

3 answers to this question

Any of the 256 MB mid-range cards will do - I use an ATI one here but there are people who will swear by nVidia (and others swear at it :lol:)

You don't need a top-end, toss pixels round like confetti one really

Thanks, I know the ATI/nVida soup (winks). I just wanted to make sure a lower end card would do the job with EMC10.

That's pretty much a wide open discussion. A good place to start is here.

Some review reading is a must. You might also want to check on the HP site in their forum for suggestions that worked for others with systems like yours.

Good suggestion on HP, I'll take a look over there. Thanks

I'm upgraging from EMC9 to 10. I think it's time to upgrage my video also. I'm using mombo based video now and would like to move up a bit. I'm not a big gamer so the new card would be used mainly to support EMC10. I have a HP m7760 Media Center PC with a Duo core E6400. Can anyone recomend a range of graphics cards that I could consider.

Thanks, in advance,

John

That's pretty much a wide open discussion. A good place to start is here.

Some review reading is a must. You might also want to check on the HP site in their forum for suggestions that worked for others with systems like yours.

Archived