• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

CinePlayer™ DVD Decoder Pack question

ok4ablonde

A few days ago I was trying to play a DVD thru Windows Media Player and I got the error message I was missing a decoder. (I rarely play dvd's) :) I think I may have uninstalled it by mistake last summer when I was having a lot of trouble with the Sonic software that came pre-installed with my Dell.

So I purchased this decoder from the Roxio web site today, downloaded and installed it on Windows XP with SP2/IE version 7/Dell Dimension P4 HT.

I have DSL and when trying to register, it gives me the error message that they can't find my internet connection and try again later.

I'm also having problems with the red box Easy CD and DVD but that will be another post later.

Also besides my registration problem, should the decoder be installed first before I install the red box software?

:angry: Me again. I'm really OK4ablonde but Roxio wouldn't let me sign in that way. So now I'm Disgruntled Customer. Where is the support help here? India or the US? I can understand not getting an answer for one day, but I have been waiting several days now with no help at all and I need to get my download activated and registered, which neither one is working. I should have picked some other company other than Roxio. :ninja:

• 4 weeks later...

I couldn't agree with you more on the principle of the thing. It doesn't matter how much $ we're talking about, you should get an answer. This forum was really for the 3GP Decoder Pack, but I could not locate one for the CinePlayer decoder pack.

Sorry you've been having so many problems with registration and activation. We did have a problem with log-ons for a couple days last week - that may have been related. I have forwarded your issue to our CS department for further assistance. I assume you have already tried adding a registered product on your MyAccount page?

• 2 weeks later...
I couldn't agree with you more on the principle of the thing. It doesn't matter how much $ we're talking about, you should get an answer. This forum was really for the 3GP Decoder Pack, but I could not locate one for the CinePlayer decoder pack.

Sorry you've been having so many problems with registration and activation. We did have a problem with log-ons for a couple days last week - that may have been related. I have forwarded your issue to our CS department for further assistance. I assume you have already tried adding a registered product on your MyAccount page?

I am also having problems with the CinePlayer Decoder Pack, and Sonic ignores questions or just assigns them a case number and forgets about them. Once they get your money, you can forget about support. I've even contacted HP about preinsalling Sonic products on their computer (including Compaq) and they indicated to me that they were about to change their support for Sonic products. It's about time.

• 7 months later...
A few days ago I was trying to play a DVD thru Windows Media Player and I got the error message I was missing a decoder. (I rarely play dvd's) :) I think I may have uninstalled it by mistake last summer when I was having a lot of trouble with the Sonic software that came pre-installed with my Dell.

So I purchased this decoder from the Roxio web site today, downloaded and installed it on Windows XP with SP2/IE version 7/Dell Dimension P4 HT.

I have DSL and when trying to register, it gives me the error message that they can't find my internet connection and try again later.

I'm also having problems with the red box Easy CD and DVD but that will be another post later.

Also besides my registration problem, should the decoder be installed first before I install the red box software?

Archived