Annoying noise on audio in toast 8

EZBURN

Question

:angry2: I just bought toast 8 not to long ago in early December and updated my Power Mac G4 to 10.4.11 tiger software...I have been reading some of the other post and I also have experienced crackling, snap, and pop sounds on my audio...I have never had this problem in toast 6 until I updated the MAC OS TO 10.4.11 and yes I updated toast to 8.0.3 thinking that my solve a bug in the software. What I also notice was the higher the bits of audio (96khz) the worst the noise... I can not figure out why it is doing this!!!! and I know I am not the only one with this problem...this is the kind of stuff that can cause somebody money if there trying to get there work finalized...Roxio or somebody I would be very thankful if somebody could help or put me in the right direction to figure this problem out...THERE IS NO REASON WHY AN ISSUE LIKE THIS CAN JUST FLY BY....

2 answers to this question

:angry2: I just bought toast 8 not to long ago in early December and updated my Power Mac G4 to 10.4.11 tiger software...I have been reading some of the other post and I also have experienced crackling, snap, and pop sounds on my audio...I have never had this problem in toast 6 until I updated the MAC OS TO 10.4.11 and yes I updated toast to 8.0.3 thinking that my solve a bug in the software. What I also notice was the higher the bits of audio (96khz) the worst the noise... I can not figure out why it is doing this!!!! and I know I am not the only one with this problem...this is the kind of stuff that can cause somebody money if there trying to get there work finalized...Roxio or somebody I would be very thankful if somebody could help or put me in the right direction to figure this problem out...THERE IS NO REASON WHY AN ISSUE LIKE THIS CAN JUST FLY BY....

EZburn I have had almost daily notes from Roxio about this. I have G4, Leopard, and Toast 8.0.3 with the included CD Spin Doctor and get nothing but noise, pops, buzzes when recording. Roxio wants me to believe the problem is related to Quicktime plugins. I removed them all and still have the problems. But, if I am showing a Quicktime video with music while CD Spin Doctor is open, but idle, it will cause the same pops and noises to be heard at times on the Quicktime movie. Go figure.

Greg

EZburn I have had almost daily notes from Roxio about this. I have G4, Leopard, and Toast 8.0.3 with the included CD Spin Doctor and get nothing but noise, pops, buzzes when recording. Roxio wants me to believe the problem is related to Quicktime plugins. I removed them all and still have the problems. But, if I am showing a Quicktime video with music while CD Spin Doctor is open, but idle, it will cause the same pops and noises to be heard at times on the Quicktime movie. Go figure.

Greg

Greg sorry to hear that quicktime is giving u problems as well...I personally have not experienced those strange pop crackling sounds...in quick time. I have version 7.3 I do not know if that makes a difference or u already have that..So Roxio is trying to tell u its a quicktime problem....It does not make sense...or I do not have a clue...I think everybody with these problems that we are having should continue to be active to try to A solve it or B have Roxio let us know whats going on. I really like Roxio but I feel the reputation might go a little south if we can't at least get some time of updates or insurance that the issue is being looked at to being resolve...I put in a ticket as well to see if I get a response...Let me know if u come across something...I will also try to do the same.

EZ

Archived