Hard Copy manual?

flnettles

Question

I just purchased EMC 10 directly from Roxio and got no hard copy manual. I found the .pdf file and downloaded it, but how can I get the printed manual? I called after-sales support but they could only refer me to the pdf file as a download. The rep said he had not been asked this question before. I tried to email customer service but got a server error message so I can't get to them that way. If Roxio monitors this board, how do I get the printed manual??

14 answers to this question

As suggested, there is no hard copy manual for EMC 10

The hard copy that came in my boxed verion from PC World during their sale when all I paid was £29.99 isn't that good. It basically tells you what programmes are there but not much about how to use them.

Still it was cheap :)

Take the pdf to Kinkos and ask them to bind it for you. ;)

I indicated in my post the same pinned post from John that you did Paul, but as Jess was so much better at reading the OP's original post, I guess we were both thinking the same thing. But I think your suggestion for Kinkos is a good idea :lol:

Frank...

Hi,

I've read this topic about a missing printed manual/user guide in the EMC10 Retail/Boxed version. I am planning to buy EMC10 since I had 8 and I was pretty satisfied.

But can somebody clarify this statement from a review-page?

http://www.trustedreviews.com/software/rev...a-Creator-10/p4

"and the boxed version comes with a detailed, and well-organised manual."

Is there a printed manual or not?

thx for your help

Felipé

Just to set the record straight Felipe. yes, there is a "Users Guide" that comes with the retail boxed version of EMC 10.

Frank...

Hi,

I've read this topic about a missing printed manual/user guide in the EMC10 Retail/Boxed version. I am planning to buy EMC10 since I had 8 and I was pretty satisfied.

But can somebody clarify this statement from a review-page?

http://www.trustedreviews.com/software/rev...a-Creator-10/p4

"and the boxed version comes with a detailed, and well-organised manual."

Is there a printed manual or not?

thx for your help

Felipé

Since you already have looked at the pdf manual, you know that it is not very detailed.

I googled to see if there were any other books on either V9 or V10. I could not find any and the books on EMC 8 like Easy Media Creator 7 or 8 would not be helpful.

If I might suggest, look in the tips and tricks area of both EMC 9 and EMC 10 for good resources; there are both written and video help aids.

Again, if I may suggest, if you have a question regarding how to use the program, if you post enough information, you should get a fast response.

For best results, use the My Control link near the top of the page to get to the option to edit your signature. Put your computer specs (not a computer dump) in your signature and it will show up in all your past and future posts. Look at the signatures of other people and post that kind of information. Very important is your video card/chip information.

I just purchased EMC 10 directly from Roxio and got no hard copy manual. I found the .pdf file and downloaded it, but how can I get the printed manual? I called after-sales support but they could only refer me to the pdf file as a download. The rep said he had not been asked this question before. I tried to email customer service but got a server error message so I can't get to them that way. If Roxio monitors this board, how do I get the printed manual??

As suggested, there is no hard copy manual for EMC 10. However you can downlaod the manual from the Roxio website and then you can print it if that's what you want. Otherwise leave it as a file on your computer for future use. Either that or there is a pinned listing at the top of the EMC 10 General Discussion for downloading the manual.

Frank...

Since you already have looked at the pdf manual, you know that it is not very detailed.

I googled to see if there were any other books on either V9 or V10. I could not find any and the books on EMC 8 like Easy Media Creator 7 or 8 would not be helpful.

If I might suggest, look in the tips and tricks area of both EMC 9 and EMC 10 for good resources; there are both written and video help aids.

Again, if I may suggest, if you have a question regarding how to use the program, if you post enough information, you should get a fast response.

For best results, use the My Control link near the top of the page to get to the option to edit your signature. Put your computer specs (not a computer dump) in your signature and it will show up in all your past and future posts. Look at the signatures of other people and post that kind of information. Very important is your video card/chip information.

Hi,

I agree about the quality of the help pdf - the paper copy I am looking at is probably the same contents - luckily the 7.5 users guide was actually that - I'm sitting down tonight to see what I'm doing wrong in video wave!

Happy New Year to all forum members, in case I'm not in tomorrow.

Michael

The boxed retail version of EMC 10 came with a printed manual for me. (260 pages, A5 format). I think it's actually quite detailed enough to get one started with the various modules of the suite.

There are some tips and tutorials also at

http://mymoments.roxio.com/enu/default.html

plus the tips boards for EMC 9 and 10 (applicable to both 9 and 10) have useful tutorials.

Archived