Lost Transistions/Video Effects

IMakeDrtBikeVideos32/f

Question

Hi,

I have had Easy Media Creator 9 Suite for about 6 months. I love it and have had a blast creating some really cool dirtbike footage. Then, a gracious family member comes over with my BD present which is a Wide Screen Monitor, a newly added Harddrive and the Nvidia GForce 7300 GT/Force Ware Version 163.75 product and something about a new video card. Dont even ask me what that is but he assured me I would want it... This was in November/07.

I use the Video Wave software more than anything in Roxio, I noticed after the installation of those wonderful BD presents that many of my Video Effects and Transistions have vanished. They are simply gone... not all of them but the really cool ones are gone. So now, when I open a pre-exsisting Video Wave File that has one or more of those vanished Effects/Transistions in it.... it simply isnt in the video any longer and leaves it looking rather blank and unfinished. Not to mention that I can not use them in the future on a different video because they are now gone.

Other than Slide Shows and Creating/Burning DVD's... I really cannot say if other problems have incurred in the other parts of Roxio since my BD, being that I dont really use them.

I have read many of the post tonight on the complaints of Video Wave 9. The most problems I have had is the headaches of the program freezing or just shutting off in the middle of editing due to some error. One learns quickly to save the unfinsihed product repeatedly and often. It is bothersome but bareable.

However... I payed an outrageous amount for this program at Office Depot on a spontaneous buy, (Im sure I was had) but... I really would like to get those options back that I have lost.

In short... What the hell happened and what do I do to fix it? :huh:

3 answers to this question

Hi,

I have had Easy Media Creator 9 Suite for about 6 months. I love it and have had a blast creating some really cool dirtbike footage. Then, a gracious family member comes over with my BD present which is a Wide Screen Monitor, a newly added Harddrive and the Nvidia GForce 7300 GT/Force Ware Version 163.75 product and something about a new video card. Dont even ask me what that is but he assured me I would want it... This was in November/07.

I use the Video Wave software more than anything in Roxio, I noticed after the installation of those wonderful BD presents that many of my Video Effects and Transistions have vanished. They are simply gone... not all of them but the really cool ones are gone. So now, when I open a pre-exsisting Video Wave File that has one or more of those vanished Effects/Transistions in it.... it simply isnt in the video any longer and leaves it looking rather blank and unfinished. Not to mention that I can not use them in the future on a different video because they are now gone.

Other than Slide Shows and Creating/Burning DVD's... I really cannot say if other problems have incurred in the other parts of Roxio since my BD, being that I dont really use them.

I have read many of the post tonight on the complaints of Video Wave 9. The most problems I have had is the headaches of the program freezing or just shutting off in the middle of editing due to some error. One learns quickly to save the unfinsihed product repeatedly and often. It is bothersome but bareable.

However... I payed an outrageous amount for this program at Office Depot on a spontaneous buy, (Im sure I was had) but... I really would like to get those options back that I have lost.

In short... What the hell happened and what do I do to fix it? :huh:

The installation of the video card caused the problem. In VideoWave, click on Tools/Options, and look to see if Render is set to Software. I would bet it is.

The newer NVidia drivers aren't the best. I use the 94.24's and don't have a problem, but I use Software render anyway, because the encoding works much better than Hardware render, with my computer.

You do lose the 3-D transitions though, and that is probably what happened to you. You can set it back to Hardware, and your transitions should be back.

The installation of the video card caused the problem. In VideoWave, click on Tools/Options, and look to see if Render is set to Software. I would bet it is.

The newer NVidia drivers aren't the best. I use the 94.24's and don't have a problem, but I use Software render anyway, because the encoding works much better than Hardware render, with my computer.

You do lose the 3-D transitions though, and that is probably what happened to you. You can set it back to Hardware, and your transitions should be back.

And the problem is solved! Many thanks Mr. Grandpabruce!

Archived