• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't access LP/tape assistant function

Jim@marizon

Question

Hi, folks. I posted this back in August but didn't draw a response. I apologise if this is a bit low-level, or something that's often repeated, but I've looked through previous postings and can't find an answer. I've tried just about everything I can think of - though admittedly, I'm not at all advanced in computing terms. My opriginal posting follows. I'd be very grateful if someone could give me a steer on this:

My LP/Tape Assistant function has stopped working. When I click on it, the following message appears:

"Runtime error. Program: ...asy Media Creator8\audio capture\LPandtapeassistant.exe

This application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

And another, perhaps related glitch: the CD copy function rejects about 50% of the blank discs I insert - even though there's nothing wrong with them (as verified on other machines/functions.)

I've tried deleting and re-installing (and tried 'repair' through the control panel) but the problem is still with me.

Can anyone assist, please?

Best,

Jim

8 answers to this question

Success!! That's great - Thank you! I suppose I must have left a few files still lurking when I did my first sweep. Could scarcely believe it when it appeared again after these many months....

It's kind of you to take thre trouble to assist a hapless stranger. I'll endeavour to keep your goodwill in circulation.

Best,

Jim

Success!! That's great - Thank you! I suppose I must have left a few files still lurking when I did my first sweep. Could scarcely believe it when it appeared again after these many months....

It's kind of you to take thre trouble to assist a hapless stranger. I'll endeavour to keep your goodwill in circulation.

Best,

Jim

You're welcome, once again. I am glad that you are up and running.

Hi, folks. I posted this back in August but didn't draw a response. I apologise if this is a bit low-level, or something that's often repeated, but I've looked through previous postings and can't find an answer. I've tried just about everything I can think of - though admittedly, I'm not at all advanced in computing terms. My opriginal posting follows. I'd be very grateful if someone could give me a steer on this:

My LP/Tape Assistant function has stopped working. When I click on it, the following message appears:

"Runtime error. Program: ...asy Media Creator8\audio capture\LPandtapeassistant.exe

This application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

And another, perhaps related glitch: the CD copy function rejects about 50% of the blank discs I insert - even though there's nothing wrong with them (as verified on other machines/functions.)

I've tried deleting and re-installing (and tried 'repair' through the control panel) but the problem is still with me.

Can anyone assist, please?

Best,

Jim

You need to do a clean install of the software. There is a good guide in the following URL:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=24606

Jim

I had the same problem a couple times. I finally decided to completely erase and re-install.

However, when you delete or remove the program there are almost always parts left which will probably be found in C;\Program Files\Roxio. You will need to delete these by right clicking on them and deleting that way.

I also cleaned out my Registry of anything referring to Roxio, which was time consuming but after donig that and re-installing Roxio everything has worked since!

Good Luck

Gary

Jim

I had the same problem a couple times. I finally decided to completely erase and re-install.

However, when you delete or remove the program there are almost always parts left which will probably be found in C;\Program Files\Roxio. You will need to delete these by right clicking on them and deleting that way.

I also cleaned out my Registry of anything referring to Roxio, which was time consuming but after donig that and re-installing Roxio everything has worked since!

Good Luck

Gary

The clean install URL, that I linked to, tells you how to clean everything out.

Bruce, thank you for this. The instructions were very detailed and easy to follow. I went through the entire procedure, but the problem persists. Makes me wonder whether I might have overlooked deleting a file.

I'll give it another go - it's the only sensible thing to do. Very frustrating.....

Thanks for your kindness & best wishes for 2008.

Jim

Gary, thanks for your swift response. It echoes the one from Bruce. I'm still battling with it! Thank you for taking the time to respond. best wishes for 2008.

Jim

Jim

Good Luck

Gary

Archived