Listening while recording from turntable

Kveeter

Question

7 answers to this question

Hi, I am trying to record from my Ion USB turntable, which I can. When I record I can not listen to the sound, but when I go to sound edit the sloud comes through the speakers. What do I need to do so I can listen as I am recording. Thanks

See if this is any help http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...l=USB+turntable

Hi, I am trying to record from my Ion USB turntable, which I can. When I record I can not listen to the sound, but when I go to sound edit the sloud comes through the speakers. What do I need to do so I can listen as I am recording. Thanks

Did you read and try the FAQ answers at the Ion site?

Amazing I was just about to post the same question. I got an ION for christmas and when I try to record in Roxio I cannot hear any sound from my speakers. It records fine but no sound

It works OK with the Audacity software it came with which has an input monitor feature but I cant find a similar feature in Roxio.

I am using Vista home premium and so far cant seem to figure it out. I have read IONS FAQs and everything is set up as they suggest. i.e My sound card for playback and the ION USB for the recording input.

Thanks

Bill

Amazing I was just about to post the same question. I got an ION for christmas and when I try to record in Roxio I cannot hear any sound from my speakers. It records fine but no sound

It works OK with the Audacity software it came with which has an input monitor feature but I cant find a similar feature in Roxio.

I am using Vista home premium and so far cant seem to figure it out. I have read IONS FAQs and everything is set up as they suggest. i.e My sound card for playback and the ION USB for the recording input.

Thanks

Bill

What application in EMC 10 are you using?

Did you go to Ion's site and follow all those FAQs about sound as ogdens suggested in his 2nd post???

Yes I did. The same thing is in the manual that came with the turntable.

Bill

EDIT: When I have some time and get an adapter ,I think I will try and connect the RCA plugs from the turntable to the line in on sound card. Logically that should work

Archived