• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Newbie can't get burned DVD to play in stand alone player

randini

Question

I just bought Popcorn 3 about an hour ago and tried to burn my first DVD. It seemed to burn fine and will play fine on my mac but will not play in my standalone dvd player. When I put it in my mac, it did ask me to choose a region, I chose region 1, and it played fine. Won't play at all in my standalone. One thing that I wasn't sure about though. Next to the red burn button, it said Automatic-AppleTV. Wasn't sure if that's the right setting or not. Should it be MPG-4 or something else? Any guidance would be much appreciated.

randini

1 answer to this question

It was your Mac asking you to set the region for your optical drive. That is unrelated to any of what happened with Popcorn.

I believe you were in the Player section rather than in the DVD section of Popcorn. I don't know what your source video is, but you need to select one of the five settings that's under the heading DVD, not one of the four that are under the heading Player.

If you are using video you shot on a camcorder choose DVD-Video as the setting and add your video files. Prepare the menu the way you want by editing text, choosing the frame you want to show as the thumbnail, choosing a menu style and selecting the desired playback option. Be sure to give the DVD a better name than MyDVD.

Archived