Sign in to follow this  
MacFella

Going crazy, need help with this

Question

Trying to burn like i usually do and i cant suddenly, i keep getting "not enough room on disc" or i get " go to preferences and change" i pretty much tried everything, someone help me try to resolve this, and oh i have a Mac :(:(:(

8 answers to this question

I can try to help but I need to know more about what you are trying to do when you get those messages. What settings are you using in Toast? What are you trying to burn? What kind of media are you using? "Not enough room on disc" means there is too much content to fit the disc. "Not enough room on disk" (a "k" instead of a "c") means you don't have enough free space on your hard drive for Toast to do what it needs to do. I don't know about a "go to preferences and change" message. Please tell me what you were doing when that message appeared.

Hi, im trying to burn a music dvd that i know i've burned in the past without incident, it's just not allowing me to do so, there's got to be something i can do, thanks for any input :)

Hi, i just tried it again and this is what happened when i tried to burn a music dvd "there is not enough temporary disk space for compression. please delete unused files, or select a different disk in preferences" how do i do this? thanks again for any input :)

You don't have enough space on the hard drive where your Roxio Converted Items folder is located. If you have another hard drive available you can change the location by going to Toast preferences and clicking the Converted Items tab. There you'll see the option to locate the converted items folder somewhere else.

If you don't have another hard drive then you need to delete files and folders from your hard drive to make more space. One thing to consider is to use Toast's Data window to copy files and folders to discs before deleting them from the hard drive.

Another thing to check is whether the Roxio Converted Items folder is empty. There is a setting in Toast preferences that determines if the folder automatically gets emptied each time you quit Toast. If you don't have it automatically emptying (I prefer to empty it manually) then it may have a lot of stuff in it taking up hard drive space that you can safely throw in the trash.

Also, I know of some Mac users that put files in the trash but never get around to emptying the trash. In that case you may free up enough hard drive space simply by emptying the trash.

Thanks for your help, i emptied the trash, and i tried to burn again and when i put the blank disc in and a pop up happened "the drive reported an error: sensekey=medium error sensecode= ox73,ox03" is there anything else i need to do, thanks :)

Thanks for your help, i emptied the trash, and i tried to burn again and when i put the blank disc in and a pop up happened "the drive reported an error: sensekey=medium error sensecode= ox73,ox03" is there anything else i need to do, thanks :)

Medium errors are sent to Toast by the drive when the drive is unable to burn to the disc. This usually is because the disc is of poor quality or is not supported by the drive's firmware. The first thing to try is a better brand of media. Avoid Memorex because that is a common brand that has spotty reliability.

thanks for your help & assistance, it really helped me, one more question, what's the differance between dvd or video ts? cheers :):):)

thanks for your help & assistance, it really helped me, one more question, what's the differance between dvd or video ts? cheers :):):)

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. A video DVD is a disc that contains a VIDEO_TS folder. The DVD video setting in Toast is where you go when you want Toast to author a VIDEO_TS folder for burning to a DVD disc. The DVD video from VIDEO_TS setting is when you have an existing VIDEO_TS folder (either on disc or on your hard drive) that you want burned to a new disc. This also is used when wanting to compress the content of a VIDEO_TS folder from a dual-layer disc to fit a single-layer disc.