• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Encoding slow?

Ted2478

Question

I'm using "mydvd" to create a DVD of Tivo recordings. It appears to be working, but just slow. Says "Encoding video" and then get a preview of the video. It is going through it ok, but seams at a speed of 1x (so 60 minute video, takes 60 minutes to encode). Is this normal? Checking if anyway to speed this part up?? Thanks.

Ted

3 answers to this question

1:1??? That is very darned good!!!

I don't have TiVo in my house but did you try 'pre-converting' it with some of the special software that was included with it?

Yes, it encodes about 1:1, but I'm new to this, so thought that was actually slow, so it's actually good? I tried converting from Tivo format to just plain MPEG format, and encodes at the same rate. So maybe this is normal then? What exactly is the encoding part, making it playable on a standard DVD player?

Yes, it encodes about 1:1, but I'm new to this, so thought that was actually slow, so it's actually good? I tried converting from Tivo format to just plain MPEG format, and encodes at the same rate. So maybe this is normal then? What exactly is the encoding part, making it playable on a standard DVD player?

Yes, it is taking that file and making it a DVD compliant movie file.

Archived