• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

transcoding audio using mydvd hangs

gammy999

Question

I am converting a 850mb .mp4 file (burning it to dvd using Create Project) and the transcoding audio just keeps scanning and scanning..doesn't complete.

1) is there a fix for this?

2) is there a setting to change?

3) is there another way of taking this .mp4 file and burning it to dvd?

I have done this with just as large or larger .avi files.

Help!

tks

2 answers to this question

I am converting a 850mb .mp4 file (burning it to dvd using Create Project) and the transcoding audio just keeps scanning and scanning..doesn't complete.

Help!

tks

The only thing that I can suggest, is to output to a "Folder Set". That is, when you go to create your DVD, choose the option to create a Folder Set instead. This will write you files to your hard drive. Do not select any other burn options, like, image file or DVD. Once it has written to your hard drive, you can then open disc copier and select that Folder set and burn to a DVD from there. I actually had to do this last night to burn a slideshow to a DVD. I tried several times to burn straight to a DVD, and had ridiculous bad luck. Finally, I chose the option above and it went smoothly. I won't be able to provide any more help because we're off to celebrate a New Year's Eve Wedding for friends! Good Luck. Let us know if you get it to work via the work around.

- Theresa

Help!

tks

Where did this file come from? Can you play it through Windows Media Player or some other software player? What version of EMC are you using since you give no indication. Your post was moved from a version neutral forum. You could "burn" it an iso (image) file and then burn it to DVD using DiscCopier if you are using EMC 8 or EMC 9.

Another option is to launch Videowave (not myDVD), load the file and output to DVD quality mpg. That may tell you where and why its hanging.

A listing of your computer specs is also very helpful (like I have in my signature)

Archived