• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

MyDVD9 - edit chapter option does not show up

dasmall

Question

I'm using MyDVD 9 with the Vista operating system. My dvds seem to burn fine, but I can't seem to add any chapters to my work. When I right click on the movie in the project window their is not an option to edit chapter. I've been reading everyones tips, but still can't figure this out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

6 answers to this question

I'm using MyDVD 9, not MyDVD Express. I couldn't figure out how to add my screen shots to this post. The menus that I get are exactly like yours except I only have edit movie, there is no edit chapters.

Thank you very much for looking into this. I don't know why this wouldn't be showing up. Even the help documents with the program talk about being able to edit chapters.

I'm using MyDVD 9, not MyDVD Express. I couldn't figure out how to add my screen shots to this post. The menus that I get are exactly like yours except I only have edit movie, there is no edit chapters.

Thank you very much for looking into this. I don't know why this wouldn't be showing up. Even the help documents with the program talk about being able to edit chapters.

As James said, it is a limitation of your OEM version.

The "Help" files have always contained the warning that not all features listed are present for all versions…

I am still baffled by this but then Roxio/Sonic offer far too many overlapping products plus special OEM versions with similar names.

If you compare the features of "MyDVD 9 Studio Premier" with those of "EMC 10 Suite", Here, Music is about the only thing missing.

Of course NONE say you can edit chapters so we are left hunting for a feature that isn't listed for any product!

I concluded a long time ago that I delete any OEM software and buy the Retail package of everything I use.

If a disc of goodies comes with some hardware I buy, it gets tossed without ever breaking the seal.

OEM = Junk

Thanks for the response.

The program was included with my computer purchase from Dell. Why would they not include the ability to make chapters in a dvd authoring software? It's called MyDVD 9.0 Premier. I guess it's not so PREMIER after all.

I agree that it does not seem likely…

I looked through the Retail version of V9 Premier and saw nothing that indicates that it could not do Chapters…

To make sure we are on the same page here:

MyDVD Express cannot create chapters

MyDVD is the only program in the Suite that will!

These pics are from EMC10 but it works the same in V9. In both cases the Title must be highlighted (selected) before attempting to Edit Chapters…

Right Click:

post-39-1199195334.jpg

By Menu:

post-39-1199195349.jpg

Archived