• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

XDS? scanlines flashing at top of screen

Mr Cleaver

Question

Both EyeTV and TiVoToGo have suffered from this - I'm not 100% certain it's XDS, as it's not a single scan line. But DVDs burned from both ATSC (EyeTV) and digital cable (TiVO HD / TiVoToGo) are ruined by these flickering scan lines across the top of the screen.

Depending on the content, that area is frequently a black border.. which makes the white flickering impossible to ignore.

I have no doubt there is some way to remove them or sample them out.. I just haven't discovered how..

?

thanks

mr c

Config: mac mini, Leopard, Toast 8.0.3, 10.5.1, eyetv 500, TiVo HD (series 3), sony grand wega KF-42WE610, hdmi-to-dvi cable.

1 answer to this question

What I believe you're seeing is normally hidden by the overscan of a TV screen. In the Display preference panel of EyeTV you'll see the option to turn on or off overscan so those lines don't show when playing in EyeTV's window.

I don't know of anything you can do in Toast to mask that when making a video DVD. There are custom settings when exporting to other formats that might be used to trim off that part of the frame. I've never tried it, though.

Archived