• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

MP3 Burning Trouble

Toxin Hybrid

Question

I am having problems with the Music Disc Creator when I am trying to burn MP3s. When I hit the burn button it asks me to put in a blank disk, then I do and close tray and then it says: Insert Disc Please insert a blank disc in this drive (Possible disc types are: CD-R, CD-RW, CD-RW high speed, CD-RW ultra high speed, DVD-R, DVD-R Dual Layer) I am using CD-R, and I have tried two different brands of cds and the same message still occurs. I downloaded the px engine and restarted computer as well, I have enabled the DMA like the Roxio Knowledge base says, I try to find my firmware to upgrade, but when i follow the steps like it says:

Under Windows XP:

Go to Start then Right Click on My Computer and select the Manage option

Expand Storage, then expand Removable Storage and then expand Libraries (Expand by double clicking)

Right Click on the CD-ROM/R/RW’s and choose Properties

Click on the Device Information Tab

The Revision is your Firmware Revision

Once you have noted the firmware version for your recorder, check with the manufacturer to verify that it is current. If it is not current, you should update to the current version.

When I try to expand the Removable Storage it says: "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

This snapin's display may be inconsistent with the Removable Storage Service. If the problem persists please restart the snapin."

So what do I do now? Please help

2 answers to this question

Windows!! :(

I suggest you download a free copy of CD-DVD Speed from http://www.cdspeed2000.com/ (click link) and run it.

It's a very small utility, and when run will show your drive ID string and its firmware revision number.

post-208-1199068402.jpg

My drive is a BENQ DVD DD DW1640 and its firmware number is BSRB. Firmware numbers can be alpha or numeric.

Another way to try is this:

1)Right click your My Computer icon

2)Go to the Hardware tab

3)Hit Device Manager

4)Click the + sign next to DVD/CD

5)Highlight your drive and right click.Hit Properties.

6) Go to the Details tab.In the dropdown make sure it has Device Instance ID.

Now look in the string.The first part should be the name of the drive.After that should be the firmware version.

post-85-1199115032.jpg

Archived