• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

V10 WONT RUN.. possible fix

DaveBinBrampton

Question

(XP Home SP2)

I successfully installed EMC10 in Nov... BUT as with many folks it stopped working after a week or so & had to be uninstalled/reinstalled... BIG PAIN !!!

i know that folks are pointing to Norton & other registry cleaners... but i don't think that this is my problem...

HOWEVER... i noticed that each time this happened my computer was VERY slooooowwwww.

So... this worked for me...

i hope that it helps other folks...

press Alt-Ctrl-Del...

click Processes tab

find 'wmiprvse.exe'

STOP the process...

i betcha that for at least some of you a bunch of instances of EMC & perhaps other seemingly 'inactive' programs will run... close them down...

EMC will now run ok... at least it did for me!!

Hope this helps !!

David

5 answers to this question

(XP Home SP2)

I successfully installed EMC10 in Nov... BUT as with many folks it stopped working after a week or so & had to be uninstalled/reinstalled... BIG PAIN !!!

i know that folks are pointing to Norton & other registry cleaners... but i don't think that this is my problem...

HOWEVER... i noticed that each time this happened my computer was VERY slooooowwwww.

So... this worked for me...

i hope that it helps other folks...

press Alt-Ctrl-Del...

click Processes tab

find 'wmiprvse.exe'

STOP the process...

i betcha that for at least some of you a bunch of instances of EMC & perhaps other seemingly 'inactive' programs will run... close them down...

EMC will now run ok... at least it did for me!!

Hope this helps !!

David

That is a Microsoft resource hog. I have never seen it running on my computer.

I did see this mention to check the network card or even the chipset. Another site mentions making sure it's located in the correct directory. If you continually have to terminate extra instances of this file, you might want to be sure it's in the correct location.

Must just be an XP thing as I don't see it listed in Vista.

Archived