• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Will EMC 10 co-exist with Nero 8?

aprasad

Question

I have Nero 8 installed on my XP Pro SP2 system. I purchased EMC10, for old times sake (I used all versions of EMC 9 before abandoning it for Nero).

Will I be able to install EMC10 side-by-side with Nero?

Is it worth it? Does EMC10 add anything that I cannot already do with Nero?

This was a very impulsive purchase at Sam's Club for $65. I want to justify keeping it rather than returning it when cooler heads prevail. :-)

Thanks.

Aloke

5 answers to this question

I have Nero 8 installed on my XP Pro SP2 system. I purchased EMC10, for old times sake (I used all versions of EMC 9 before abandoning it for Nero).

This was a very impulsive purchase at Sam's Club for $65. I want to justify keeping it rather than returning it when cooler heads prevail. :-)

Thanks.

Aloke

The only conflict with EMC and any other similar package is the packet writing programs such as EMC's Drag to Disc, Nero's InCD, Sonic's DLA etc. Only 1 packet writing program can be installed at a time or problems will develop. Many on this forum are not big fans of packet writing programs but they do have a use for some. If you are interested in it, simply make sure when you install new programs that may include it, that you run a custom install and not install the packet writing programs.

You can also have different versions of EMC on the same machine if you follow the above.

Thanks.

Aloke

It all depends on what you want to do with the software. If you are doing any video home movie editing, authoring, and burning, then Nero won't get it for you. It is low grade, entry level software for that.

Thanks for the input. I have never used packet writing, so that is not an issue.

What's all this I read here about the Disc Copy in EMC10 being eliminated or reduced in feature?

It is broken into two different programs now. For video work, it is the same as before. If you want to copy a data CD or DVD, you have to use a different program, in the suite.

I'm running Nero 8 with EMC 10 without a problem. Nero is good for re-encoding video which is why I bought it. I create a lot of wedding slide shows for a photographer friend and put them onto DVD so I usually try every piece of software available. EMC10 is by far the best suite out there at the moment, and is getting tremendous reviews from the UK computer press. (better than Nero)

Archived