• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Naming separate tracks

Davidp

Question

As a newbie to Roxio I find that the manual isn't thorough enough (like so many software programs). My problem is I am helping my father to convert his LPs to a CD format. That bit Roxio does easily. However, I would like to be able to put song titles on the CD. Is this possible? If so, how?

Thanks for your assistance.

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year.

David

2 answers to this question

As a newbie to Roxio I find that the manual isn't thorough enough (like so many software programs). My problem is I am helping my father to convert his LPs to a CD format. That bit Roxio does easily. However, I would like to be able to put song titles on the CD. Is this possible? If so, how?

David

Before you go throught the work, make sure that the player will display CD text. In Music Disc Creator, go to :

David

Are you creating individual files for each track (song) before writing them to CD? If so, then when you name the files according to the track name, and select the option to write CD-Text, you should be all set. Keep in mind that not all devices support CD-Text (Windows Media Player being a notable one that does not support CD-Text).

If you're not creating individual files for each track, then you'll want to do that, so you can name each file and have a name associated with it in the CD-Text.

Hope that helps!

Archived